Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This photo brings back some good memories of the 4th of July..................

Kelley (Texas)

My parents had driven up from Portland, Texas (Corpus Christi area) to spend the 4th of July with us and to watch me compete in a local weekend roping event. This is a picture taken by my Father.... from right to left, Debbie, my Mother and me as I was grooming my horse "Tuff" in preparation for the roping event. "Tuff" was one of those one of a kind horses, a big and strong horse...smart too! Several years ago, I wrote a story about "Tuff" and posted it on this Forum. I came in second place at the roping event and won seventy-five dollars and a belt buckle. I will never forget the smile on my Mother's face when we were lined up getting our money and awards in that arena...I gave the buckle to my Mother. Later, we stopped and ate BBQ in Lockhart, Texas...wait, my son ate a hamburger, the rest of us ate some good BBQ ribs. Also, "Tuff" was in the trailer and we gave him a couple of flakes of hay. We had a great 4th of July and it was to be the last ones spent together with my parents...my Father passed away that following Feburary. The 4th of July has always been one of our favorite holidays, many good memories...happy memories. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 97185 scan6.jpg]

All the way around ! Beautiful treed backdrop, your wife and mom along with your horse. And to top it off, taken by your father ! Tuff looks like one powerful animal.....and equally beautiful. Don't know Fred......this post just touched me. Many thanks for sharing it. BTW.....if you don't see the post below wishing you guys a Happy 4th of July, I'll repeat it here. Best neighbors on the planet !! :thumbup:

Mama looks like she could handle a cowboy with no problem at all.

I hope everyone has a great and safe 4th of July. We are headed for the river in a few minutes. It will be full of drunken tourist but that is good for the economy.

Later

have for sure and the photo to go with it. We always enjoyed the 4 of July back then with family. Sadly I have not found a lot of pictures from those times. I need to look in some of the picture albums of cousins I think. Those close to you near by, your horse with a hobby and job you loved. It don't get much better than that.
Thanks for post and have a happy and safe 4th of July.

George-CT

What I still have difficulty with is all the dry, grayish areas around you. Nothing but green up here and that sure could use a little green. :):

fair winds

Mikie

Most of the foliage down here in South Texas is bright green, just less of it because South Texas is semi-arid. This hot, dry brush country can be harsh at times. I must admit that you folks up North and in Canada appear to have greener, thicker foliage. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

i hope you have that framed and hung on the wall. It reminds me that i really need to get busy and scan some old pics.