Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

THIS OR THAT

Wile.E

Okay guys im new to the forum but since I been here ,feedback has made me realise I need to modernize somewhat from my old groundhog that ive had forever.Only way I can do it is sell it and it is at garretts know getting super tune. Oh well is what Ilike to think. Anyway have studied for last couple years and threw it around but havent acted.Any you seasoned detectorists that can advise me will be much appreciated on fisher 1265x or garrett gold scorpion,torn between the 2.probably will be last Ill be able to buy. Thank you

If you are after coins and relics, go with the 1265x. it is not a simple turn on and go machine but it has very good discrimination and can find coins at good depth. take the time to learn this machine and you will do well.
The Scorpion is an excellent gold detector with an operating frequency of 15khz and calibrated TR mode for ore sample testing for metal content and very good ground balance capability. The disc mode, is good on coins and relics but not as deep as the Fisher. The Fisher runs at 6. something khz , I cannot recall exactly;The Scorpion is much easier to learn and does very well as an general purpose detector but is better suited to gold detecting because it can handle quite high iron mineralisation. The Fisher will not do well in high mineralisation.

Just my opinion.

Cheers.

Hey, ya know, Garrett's will give ya 40% off of a new machine if ya turn in an old Garrett.:thumbup::garrett:
Same thing with search coils. If ya turn in an old one, even if broken or not workin', ya get 40% off of a new one.
Call 'em up. While they've still got your machine, tell 'em to keep it and give ya that brand new pretty Scorpion for 40% discount.:biggrin:
Happy Hunting!:)

Thanks metalhead,kinda been stewin on that but what if they have already labor bill and is that 40% off msrp or what all the authorized dealers are getting?After joining this forum have realized maybe time to catch up with times.You know how some us older codgers dont deal with change very well. Lol

It's not bs dude. That's 40% off list price. Not what dealers are selling for. Still a good deal. Oh yeah, and don't try to get a deal on the new AT Pro, 'cause it just came out. Any other detector in the catalog, though, yeah.