Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This may be a dumb question

BoobieinPa

After I accept or reject certain coins and or pieces of jewelry to create a personal program, what do I do to save it?

I would like to be able to be able to switch from the Factory Presets to my custom program and or programs. Plus be able to save it somewhere so I can use it or the F.P. whenever I prefer to do so.

So far in my years of detecting this new X70 seems to be the best detector I have purchased. Since I am up there in age, the light weight of the machine makes it the perfect detector for me. All I have to do is forget everything I have learned previously and start over.

Thank you for any comments or suggestions.​

As you know, the X-70 has an all metal mode and three Pattern modes. You can make changes to the notch segments of any Pattern Mode by simply changing the +/- value for acceptance or rejections.(page 25 of manual) When you turn the detector off, those values are saved for the next time you hunt. As an example, if you change Pattern One from the factory preset to also reject notches +14, +16 and +18, then the next time you turn on the X-70 it will have remembered that all negative notch segments (ferrous targets), notch segment +48 and the three you modified (+14, +16 and +1:geek: are saved as being rejected target values.

You can make modifications to any of the Pattern Modes. And those modifications will be saved when the detector is turned off. To go back to factory preset values, turn X-70 off, while pressing and holding the Patterns button, turn X-70 on. During start-up sequence, release the Patterns button. After the start-up sequence concludes, PE will appear on the screen and all Patterns will return to the factory preset levels.

You do not have a separate program mode to save a custom pattern. Just 3 Patterns that can be modified to create your own program. When you modify the Pattern with your own settings, the factory preset values will be replaced with your settings. Since Pattern one and Pattern 3 are similar, you may find that your custom program simply replaces one of them.

Hope this helped! HH Randy

You can make modifications to any of the Pattern Modes. And those modifications will be saved when the detector is turned off.

I understand that part

To go back to factory preset values, turn X-70 off, while pressing and holding the Patterns button, turn X-70 on. During start-up sequence, release the Patterns button. After the start-up sequence concludes, PE will appear on the screen and all Patterns will return to the factory preset levels.

If I understand you correctly, that means I can not modify one of the patterns & save it and at the same time keep it stored along with the F.P.

Because if I am using the custom program and decide to go to the factory preset program it will erase the custom patterns program that I did.

I am sorry for not understanding this in its entirety. There is something so simple that I just don't see the forest tru the trees. But thank you for trying to help me out

You are correct in your thinking. The Xterra has 3 factory preset modes, all of which can be altered in any way. These altered settings will be saved and the detector uses these settings every time the detector is turned back on. The detector can be returned to the factory preset values as you pointed out, but the settings you made to the three programs will be lost as the detector does not have a memory for them. You can easily write them down and restore them if you wish. I have altered factory preset #2 and use it 99% of the time. Any other alterations, I use FP#3 and change it as needed. The settings are very easy to set and as you get used to using the detector, you will learn there is really no need for the detcor to have more memory for more patterns. Hope this helps.

you stated that much more clearly than I did. HH Randy

Thank you for the re4plies. I was planning on passing each one of my different silver coins & yellow gold /white gold / IH's in front of the coil and accepting them. Then I was going to try to pass pop tabs over the coil and reject them. But I sure do not want to have to do that every time I start up the machine. I guess I will look into the screen numbers and try to remember them and do it that way.

Thanks again for the help.