Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is my BEST find " EVER " Pres. Lincoln

Antique lover

About 3 years ago I bought a large box full of VERY old pictures. There were some tin types and even some glass ambro type pictures in there and lots of CDV s.Lots of picture of Men from the Civil War. From both the North and the South. BUT this one was the best . It was taken Oct. 3 1862 and Antietam . When the picture was developed. Someone wrote the names of every person on the back of it. I have had this pictures checked , tested , and anything you can come up with at the North Carolina archives department and it IS an orig.It is in fair condition for its age.The ONLY thing that no one can tell me , is what it could be worth.Does anybody have a clue ??????

I would try to get ahold of someone at Sotherby's.

An original print might sell for $200.00 or more, especially if Photographer, studio, assistant and subjects names are in context and a writeup accompanies the photograph. The NAtional Archives might be interested in it if you care to donate it...

Who's the tll fellow with the stovepipe hat?

I'd suggest photographing it digitally. I'd love to buy a hi res image of it.

WOW ! Nice score. An original photo with Abe Lincoln, at Antietam no less ! I can't imagine that not being worth some good money. Regardless of it's $ worth THAT'S a treasure ! Congrats.
HH
Scott

man i wouldnt part with that pic for less then a grand! i have bought and sold original civil war pics of people no one could identify & seen them bring $150-$200. if thats honest abe then u got a pic that a collector would pay WELL for. if u dont need the money then i would keep it.

very nice!

I don't know the facts of who fought at Antietam but the man just to Lincoln's right ( right hand ? ) may be General Ulysses S. Grant. Just a guess. Let us know what you find out. Good luck.
HH
Scott

srf2112 said:
I don't know the facts of who fought at Antietam but the man just to Lincoln's right ( right hand ? ) may be General Ulysses S. Grant. Just a guess. Let us know what you find out. Good luck.
HH
Scott

i was thinking the same. looks like Grant to me as well. thats a great pic man. i would take very special care of it.

i am obviously envious...lol

This is an historically significant photo. Definitely consult with the National archives or a civil war museum. Don't sell until you understand the true value. Check out this similar photo.

http://will.illinois.edu/images/lincoln/Lincoln-at-Antietam.jpg