Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is going to be a long winter I think.... so far we

George-CT

had 14 inch's of snow the first of the week, Then 4 inches of sleet last night, and sadly it just turned to rain. This will wet it all and later tonight it will drop into the single numbers and no temps above freezing the rest of the week with another storm for Wed and another for Friday. Tough walking out there now. Jane is wearing her rubber slip on's over her shoes with the ice spikes in them to move around.
I use the quad for the most part. Hard to fall off of 4 wheels. We have had more snow in one week than we had all last year. What happen to this globle warming stuff? It sure isn't warming here.....

George-CT

Raining as I type this..... but we have maybe 6-8 inches on the ground so all in all, i guess we cannot complain.

We use the Kubota RTV to get around... kinda like the Kawasaki mule.. but better made and runs like a dream.. And Alice would have a very difficult time in falling off the bench seat!! :)

hope that things improve for you soon

fair winds

Mikie

Half of the time on an antique bucket loader..till it finally died out. Feel like i have been beat with multiple rubber hose's! I was sick of plowing at 8 a.m.!!! Guess we will have snow around for Christmas at least!!

we will have it until next Christmas. This stuff today here was heavy. Then it rained on it and got even heavier. I too was pushing it around with the tractor, no cab and it was rain and sleet still. Once this freezes up it will be hard going around here. Looks like a trip to the town sand pile to make pathways to what we need to get to. I see one warm day in the next week the rest are not going to melt anything.

Geo-CT

then around this area. Very popular. I set up my quad with a big ice cooler on it and Jane puts hot water in so she can give the horses warm water. She calls it their morning tea break. Them really seem to like it in the winter. We have a brook here they can get in but its iced over now so I ran the electric fence in front of it for until it thaws. It this is any indication of our coming winter, it will be a hard one. Not much you can do but make the best of it. I sold a old 1973 220 D Mercedes diesel to a guy in Utah. He will be here on the 28 of Dec to load it up. Not sure he will be able to get at it. I'll try to pull it out this week and move it up on the hill where he can winch it on. Guess he is rebuilding one just like it..... This will make a good parts car....Body is junk but everything else on it works fine. I was going to use the little 4 cyl diesel to run a welder I have but he took it all so thats one more vehicle out of here. Trying to shrink down my projects that I never seem to get to.

Geo=CT

that I didn't think Grace would ever get finished shoveling the driveway:smoke: Been a while since I've seen this much snow. Gave us a reason to stay in and prepare the meat pies for the holidays. Audrey, our eighteen yr. old is supposed to head up to Kingston tomorrow (eight hr. drive) with her boyfriend and his brother and sister to visit his mom. Not too crazy about the idea of them driving on the 401 highway in this stuff........we'll see what happens.:(

n/t