Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is a haunting picture if you like the ocean.

George-CT

I've been saving this for a background on a website for along time. Simple but captivating. Full size its eerie. George-CT

n/t

n/t

This vessel was lost with all Hands, during the "Blizzard of 78"... Maybe a future story...[attachment 118677 bikesfog031.jpg][attachment 118679 bikesfog034.jpg] I can asure you, if this vessel ever entered Gloucester Harbor, i have no doubt, most Fishermen would ever go out again.... She has been sitting at her mooring, within site of the current owner,and the man who salvaged her for going on 4 years. Moved about 3 yrs ago for some touch up, just up River. She is visible from the nearby Beverly-Salem Bridge, railroad bridge and Kernwood Bridge...[attachment 118680 bikesfog024.jpg]

n/t

It was a 45 foot hull built in Eastport, Maine. Shallow draft and moved easy thru the water. This one had the planked keel like the Novi hulls so even in a decent wind you could come down on your pots pretty easy.

Geo-CT

whats it just and empty ship floating around. Unusual for all of them to go over the side. Why leave a ship in blinding snow in the north Atlantic? IN boating these stories stick with the ship it seems forever. I think its a pretty decent looking hull. I like how its laid out on deck. Easy to move around on all sides, high sides. One has to wonder how they would have gone over board. Look forward to the rest of the story...

Geo-Ct

that would attract ones interest. Anything with fog, mist, like in Ron J's picture of the abandoned ship all stimulate the mind. I used to love to run on the radar around Long Island sound lobstering usually flat calm in fog here, and the call of the fog horns, toss in some gulls calling and I was good for the day..

Geo-CT

Overboard or UFOs? It may remain one of the mysteries of the sea.

We had a couple of older fellows in Old Lyme some years ago, that used to have lobster pots out most of the year. One morning after they had not come home the night before, their empty boat was found not far from their pot line. One of them washed ashore not long after that and I can't recall if the other was ever found.

There was no sign of foul play and most people around here think that one may have gotten entangled in his pot rope and gone overboard; the other then died trying to save him! No one will ever know for sure, but I know that one of the old fellows, who I knew fairly well, would rather go that way, doing what he really enjoyed, than a slow lingering illness!

n/t