Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is a good video by Calabash on deep silver ..

Mark kus

It works well this will up your silver it has for me ..
Mark
https://youtu.be/PwnCT4MPmTI

It is spot on. This machine doesn’t need to be jacked all the way up to find deeper coins. In my 150 hour experience, jacking it WILL HURT YOU. Once the audio becomes unintelligible, it’s over. I found an 8” copper Memorial on Sens 16. THESE weaker signals in this video are all I hunt because it’s all there is! And he’s right, and it’s what I’ve said as well...if you’re claiming to dig SUPER deep targets....film it so other people know what to listen for if you can. It is NOT always easy to find these targets in the wild.

True I dig very weak high tones and I'm not surprised when a silver pops out!
Mark

Personally, I need some double verification to backup EVEN a high conductor tone at that depth, before I dig a 10-12" hole. Those tones on the 10" dime sounded low for my liking, but I assume that is an 800 so the tone might be tweaked "different" than my 600. My FBS machines would indicate where it was in the Smartfind screen, jumpy maybe but it would offer a double verification pre dig on a 10" unknown target. I usually always find a rusty nail when I dig just tones, unless those tones are crisp. jm2c

I hunt predominately public property, so any 10" digs best not be whims due sound, unless it is very sweet. I have left and gone back in off hours to dig left behind deepies

5900_XL-1 said:
Personally, I need some double verification to backup EVEN a high conductor tone at that depth, before I dig a 10-12" hole. Those tones on the 10" dime sounded low for my liking, but I assume that is an 800 so the tone might be tweaked "different" than my 600. My FBS machines would indicate where it was in the Smartfind screen, jumpy maybe but it would offer a double verification pre dig on a 10" unknown target. I usually always find a rusty nail when I dig just tones, unless those tones are crisp. jm2c

I hunt predominately public property so any 10" digs best not be whims due sound, unless it is very sweet. I have left and gone back in off hours to dig left behind deepies
I hunt parks private property and beaches with permission and I may dig a rusty nail at 10" but quite often I find a coin in there with it with my 800 maybe you guys don't hunt as much as I do? but the equinox has really up my finds in the past 2 years so much so
I have the equinox as my only machine now I've sold my Deus I had a Etrac liked that to but too heavy killed my elbow time spent in the field to learn the machine works great for me.
Mark

Calabash,
If you love him or hate him?
He's pretty spot on with his video's.
But here is a 10" Mercury dime (1919) I dug the other day with my CZ.
It was completely encrusted I'm still cleaning it.

Calabash said
"& I never got anything free from Garrett".
& You never will Calabash, But
Garrett might pay you to STFU & leave them alone.
HAHAHAHAHA

That's funny about garrett U2! OKAY ! Here is the question how sure were you it was coin?

LOVE IT OR HATE IT? The Equinox is a very special detector......one go down in the books as one of the best ever made...

That wasn't the line Cal.---The line was "love him or hate him"!------Me, I don't hate ANYBODY!----Don't hate ANY detector either---they are all so neat "time machines"!:thumbup:
calabash digger said:
LOVE IT OR HATE IT? The Equinox is a very special detector......one go down in the books as one of the best ever made...

calabash digger said:
Hey I’m with you John my finds have been phenomenal with the equinox I’ve got hundreds of hours on mine and I can’t put it down lol
Thanks again for the videos !
Mark

He also has a good video on comparing the AT Pro to the Equinox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwnCT4MPmTI

I always Enjoy Calabash's videos! Every tone he hit there would have me digging! I know a few of my coins were down 10". I always hunt in 5 tone instead of 50 and run my sensitivity as high as I can without the machine going nuts. I have ran anywhere from 18-23...It just depends on the EMI and ground conditions. Listen to your machine...It will tell you what it wants! HH! Ted

calabash digger said:
That's funny about garrett U2! OKAY ! Here is the question how sure were you it was coin?

With the CZ detector I could tell it was a coin.
Yes sometimes I get fooled but not often.
This target gave a two way signal faint but distinct.
Personally I think the CZ's have the best modulated audio ever.

Awesome video Cal. I love the Equinox to, I have done pretty well with it so far only thing is I get so many nails they sound just like silver and deep to what can I do to reduce the amount of nails. I hunt in park one sensitivity 21-22 ..

I hunt in Park 2 ….I dont really chase much iron. No more than I did with my Deus. I really dont know the answer.... I chased some while I was learning the machine but its not a issue now.

Love the sound of a good deep target on the fringe of detection. Gets the anticipation of a keeper way up. :thumbup:

Rich -