Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This here movement just IRKS MY SHORTS:ranting::rant::veryangry:......

warthog

There is a movement over on Face book that has been growing,as to changing our beloved National Anthem,because 'the lyrics are too difficult,and too hard to memorize'....I have one word for this:BALDERDASH!.....I memorized that song at 5years old.The ones b#%^*ing about this have probly never gotten the song off the net and bothered to learn it,only trying at sports events.I am no rocket scientist,I know it by heart,and play it on Ms.Taylor and sing along,too.AND YES,I GAVE THEM MY OPINION ON THIS,TOO.ONE MORE THING:There has been talk on whether or not to stop playing our National Anthem at sporting events..........If this happens,Warthog Steve WILL LEAD THE DRIVE TOWARD A NATION-WIDE BOYCOTT AGAINST ANY AND ALL SPORTS EVENTS THAT AGREE TO THIS ANTI-AMERICAN CRAP!!!!!Time to stand up and be counted,if this B.S.starts!!!!!:usaflag::thumbup:That would be like asking the Canadians to change their 'O CANADA'National Anthem,or Britain changing 'GOD SAVE THE QUEEN',sinply because I don't know it.JUST PLAIN STUPID.......:crylol::rage::rant:

Yes, anything patriotic and having to do with God, the unpatriotic and illegal immigrants or even legal ones, want to change but it is America's song and has been for ages and ages! Our nation is changing but for the worse and not for the better! Oh, how we need to stand up for Jesus and with Him fight for our rights as Christian believers in Jehovah, our one and only God and the USA....settled long ago by believers in the Lord that all is either blessed or cursed by Him! Good for you, wgsteve! :angel: Ma

The American anthem is quite long. Is every verse normally sung at public functions?

On the few occassions that I have heard it my memory is that it was a shortened version.

It is a wonderful tune.

I can well imagine that some of the words referencing God in the last verse are offensive to many these sad days viz:

Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust":
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Our nation and yours, and most of the so-called Christian nations, have rejected the Lord.

Anything that dares to mention His name, or in any way refer to Him is now anathema.

It is a tragic commentary on our age.

Warty writes, "There is a movement over on Face book that has been growing,as to changing our beloved National Anthem,because 'the lyrics are too difficult,and too hard to memorize'".

This seems to me to be in keeping with the overall lowering of standards. Learning anything seems too hard for many these days.

Three of my family lecture and teach various apsects of medicine at two different Universities here.

All are frustrated by the ABSOLUTE lowering of standards in every aspect of learning.

Spelling has gone by the board, grammar seems to be almost irrelevant, and students get away with just about everything.

It's all to do with money. Universities that fail students get a reputation and new students will not go there.

So, standards are lowered, people pass when they should fail, and good teachers like those in my family want to give up.

So it does not surprise me that people find that the National anthem 'lyrics are too difficult,and too hard to memorize'" and so conclude, let's throw it out.

That is what is happening all the time these days, lowering standards.

Why not have something like "Mary had a little lamb" instead?

It is easy to learn and even won't cause me the slightest strain to learn it.

And we do not escape either.

A lot of the writing on Forums like this one use all sorts of mindless abbreviations.

All these things lead to an absolute lessening of standards and, slowly but inevitably, drag us down to illiteracy.

I have had a little bit of college,and I was raised in a very humble way,but I LOVE TALKING to folks that are highly educated folks.Not so much because I can hold my own with them for the most part,but the level of conversation is SO refreshing after hearing those that you know are full of it.....my ex father in law once bad-mouthed me for reading so much.I told him ya might want to try it,ya might learn something....His response was this 'I dont need to read,I know everything I need to know',to which I answered 'AINT THAT THE TRUTH,' went right over his bald head.
Too bad there are not less folks in this world whose claim to fame is how many beers in a row they drank,or how many bars in a row they hit,and lots more that at least have SOME knowledge and common sense.....In the U.S.,there is a new show on Country Music Television that is titled 'Party Down South',from the previews it looks like just a show chronicling all these young folks engaging in drunken partying,barhopping,fighting and debauchery,and THIS IS ONE OF THEIR MOST POPULAR PROGRAMS,according to them.......Glamorizing all the sins the Devil can throw at us,way to go,CMT.I sent them a message telling them that,naturally no response....Where is accountability,these days???Setting a good example????No body wants to hear about Christ,but they soak up drunken parties.Their choice,I guess.
Marcia and I went to a neighborhood get to know each other dinner the other night-All older folks,educated,upper income scale,and EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM A JOY TO GET TO KNOW.I have never had a hard time fitting in with anybody I meet for the first time,I LOVE meeting strangers.It is the first meeting wherein the other folks can determine pretty quickly if you are full of it,or not.....Steve.

Anything that is good and of God the sinful world wants to change and/or get rid of....but God will always be...no matter what happens! :sad: :angel: Ma

I'm proud to call myself English, the problem is that the English flag is looked upon as being some sort of extreme nationalism symbol.At one stage a few years ago people were worried to display it for the fear of it causing problems with minorities.....it was almost politically incorrect to display it.I still believe that people,even today,are worried about wearing or displaying the national flag of our country in case they are looked upon as being racist or extreme.....it's pathetic.It's the same with the anthem 'land of hope and glory'.......used to be a popular anthem but very rarely sung now in case it upsets the people who should'nt be here in the first place in my opinion.
It seems that both our countries values and way of life are slowly being eroded and it's time it was stopped.I have to say though,Obama is more of a threat to your country than any leader that we have had is a threat to ours.......get him out.