Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking of getting away for a change in the weather?

Larry (IL)

I considered a bike ride yesterday...............It was 58 degrees at 1 in the afternoon in Central IL. One small chore after the other, the ride didn't happen. By 2PM the sky had darkened with rain in the forecast and by 3, the rains came. The temperature was now 40 and heading South by the minute. By 5, Nancy and I headed for a nice meal at our favorite Chinese restaurant before our MD'ing club meeting, the temperature was now 16 and the winds were howling. Full from the exotic selection of offerings, we stepped outside to make our way to the truck, inching our way across the flash frozen ice from the rain earlier, we made it without incident. We could now enjoy a cigarette which is now illegal in public places in Illinois. It is now 6PM, the temp was 10, with 20 to 30 MPH winds, gusts up to 50 MPH. By 8:30 PM, the meeting was over and back to the truck for another smoke. The thermometer now said 4 degrees and yes, the winds were still blowing. I turned on the radio for some musical entertainment only to hear of the weather warnings of vehicles being blown off of the highways and wind chills of -25 to -30 degrees. We made it home safe and sound and as I write this it is now 1 degree.

Sooooooo, if you want to get away somewhere for a change in the weather, consider Peoria, IL.

halfway home, I ran into freezing rain. 30 mph the rest of the way home, (about 12 miles) took me about and hour longer than it should have. Then Saturday, it was sun shining and beautiful. Sunday starts getting warmer, warmer, and today a bit cooler. Tomorrow call for freezing rain and sleet! So,.........the best thing to do is just not to plan. Geez............C'mon Springtime! :)

n/t

n/t

I had rolled it down a quarter inch or so when it was raining. The cold snap came that night and now it is frozen in place.

am headed back north. At least I can get out and hike up there.

Willy must have talked to my doctor because she said I was a lardazz and had to lose some weight. Gotta getter dun!!