Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking about the Wagon Wheel, I got up early and

Royal

took a hike. It was in the 50's yesterday but the temp dropped like a stone and it started to snow a bit last night.

I remembered seeing an old wagon in a woods last summer and decided to see if it was still there. It was.

Here are a few shots of it and one of the Michigan woods after our snow

[attachment 15149 wagon111.jpg]

[attachment 15150 wagon1.jpg]

[attachment 15151 wagon11.jpg]

n/t

I have wondered many times if you had retrieved it yet. I still remember your original story, and the one about the safe too! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I need to get back to trying to take some pictures with a digital camera, maybe try a few bug micro pictures again. That wagon would be great as a decoration in someone's yard. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

It should be relatively easy Fred. I am waiting for the weather to warm up a bit [although, in truth, that is not the real problem... I have to wait for the water to clear up] I will be taking a large set of photos when we do raise it.

Take care Fred

Sunny skies, calm seas, fair winds

M

tie a rope to it and pull it out of the water?

After reading tom's post the other day about making the bird houses, then Royal making a comment that he would like to do some wood working, now your post about the wagon which you want to raise and restore...think I will go visit some pawn shops and try to buy a good table saw to use for making some shadow boxes. I have some more arrowheads to display and even have some old fishing lures that would look good in a shadow box. You folks have lit a fire under me to get busy doing something. Mike please say hello to Alice for me and you folks have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Is that it is 45 feet down. And about 100 or so yards from shore. As well, there is no road with easy access to the buggy. If you could pull it out, you would still have to have some type of lift since it is buried in the mud and the suction would be tremendous. I suspect that just pulling it out would probably tear it apart.

Take care Fred

calm seas, fair winds

m

I never gave any thought that pulling it while stuck in the mud would tear it apart. Will the wood split as it drys out? What can you done to retain some of the moisture in the wood to prevent it from being ruined? I think it would be neat to restore it back to it's original condition. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

If I had run in to that scene I would have done what you did. I would have returned with my camera.

Who knows, I might have been able to scrounge some of the old boards of the wagon bed to make a really special box...all to honor the builder.

Thanks for the magnificent photographs...and for reading and posting about....the old wagon wheel. <><

aj

...been holding out on us!!! :D

How deep is it? You know that when it comes up you are gonna have to jump through some hoops to keep it from rusting away, don't you?

I had a friend once that dug civil war artillery and defused them. He would preserve them by painting them with a liquid similar to fiberglass resin.

I can't wait for THAT story of your retrieval. Maybe you could get Royal back up there to help! :D

aj

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

That would be a lot of fun. Get Royal, you, Tom, Linda, Fred, Wayne, Willy and a few others,..... we could have a great time raising this buggy and detecting/arrowheading.

I will get in touch with his nibs and see what we are able to work out. :)

sunny skies, clear water

M