Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking About An EQX-15 Coil

Mike K (Ohio)

Would most probably use it water hunting and heck maybe field hunting. Can you guys/gals give me your opinion about this coil before spending the $$$ Thanks...

Mike, I like mine. Great at the beach for coverage.
In dirt I feel it does give more hits to weak signal coins which is what we are after.

Although, recently I switched back to the stock coil and will use the 15 for beaches.

Either way - listen to what the machine is telling you.

Tony N.J.

If you are a water hunter....... it may be to much to push around out there for difference in depth. Plus....... ive already broken the ears off the standard coil and cuff....... not sure how those would hold up out there with a lot of hours and torque.

IMHO it suffers from all the issues of large coils, but not so much. For a big coil it is surprisingly light. Expected EMI and PP issues are also much better than my experience with other big coils of the past. The 11 is a great coil and the best choice in most situations and I do have all 3 coils.

BigTony said:
Mike, I like mine. Great at the beach for coverage.
In dirt I feel it does give more hits to weak signal coins which is what we are after.

Although, recently I switched back to the stock coil and will use the 15 for beaches.

Either way - listen to what the machine is telling you.

Tony N.J.

Well I just got Andy's book and it was brought up in the book from a larger coverage and being able to cover more area faster on the beach or in the surf. So just wanted a few opinions before I drop a couple Hundo on a coil. Its primary use would most probably be the beach but I like hunting old house that are no longer standing in fields also.

Mike K

If the beach you frequent holds a lot of people and it’s a large beach, a large coil is in order.......A smaller coil is good for the water.....easier to manage

Well...since I joined the hobby I have been looking for one detector with one coil that would satisfy all of my beach hunting needs. 45 years later I'm still waiting.

The Equinox is very close.

The 15 inch coil is great in the sand, but just too big in the water. When I get hot or there is a lack of targets.....to the water I go. The stock coil works best for me. I would rather have less coverage than deal with problems in the water.

Some water is not as turbulent as the mid Atlantic. Some people are probably just better at blind pinpointing. Some people can swing more weight. Me......I like the stock coil.

Only one way for you to know. Take the plunge.

One nice piece of yellow and the cost is not an issue.

The 15 inch coil will give you more depth in wet sand which is good if you only hunt wet sand at the beach. But if you hunt in the ocean water, the 11 inch coil is best.

I like my 15” coil. But only for wet sand and calm water (just like everyone else is saying). Also, I have to take off the coil guard before every hunt to clear out the sand or else it gives me false signals.

Just bought a 15'' Nox coil and should be here i guess mid week,game plan is too use it mainly on pasture sites and deep ploughed and rolled as well,wont be using it for beach detecting as i live way too far away,but may occasionally use it,so have all 3 Equinox coil including the 6'' coil which will mainly be used for trashy roman/saxon sites and when harvest time finally arrives so that i can get in between the stubble rows.

I have one and i love it! Great for large fields or the beach for covsrage. Might get a tad more depth than the stock and it is still sensitive to small items and pinpoints well. Weight is hardly noticeable over the stock. Get it, for the right situations its killer!