Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking about a new detector Help needed

nail finder

Having a major dilemma here. I have and CZ70 Pro and bought it new and used it for some time now and enjoyed it. Also this detector has a lifetime warranty to me since I am the original owner which may be priceless if ever needed. Also I was wondering if it did go bad what would Fisher do since they don

your cz questions are best asked on the fisher forums and I believe there might still be a cz classroom forum.

as far as beach hunting, the czs do well there but if your set on something new, any of the minelab mult freqs work very well on salt water beaches. you might spend some time on the beach forum and see if someone is near you and what they are using/having success with. with cleaner beaches a pulse unit will serve you well.

Nail finder,good name for a CZ user.The CZ is a great metal detector,but they do have an appetite for iron.I went form the CZ to the Sovereign.The Sovereign won't even hick up in areas that will drive you nuts with a CZ,LOL always hated those old barbed wire fence pieces and small rusted nails.As you know to a point the CZ can work around iron targets.The Sovereign hates iron,and I have found deeper targets when I switched especially silver dimes.Another advantage the Sovereign has a better tone and visual ID. Hope this helps.Good Luck Ron

Thanks Ron, Thanks funny about the name also because when i bought the cz70 for the first couple of days all i found was nails so when I joined I used nail finder for my screen name. I was beginning to think they grew in my yard. Anyway I hope I didn't pull the trigger to soon but I just purchased an xcal2.

I know you said that you do not hunt the water very much, but it only takes one accidental drop to destroy a non waterproof machine. Going with a VLF water machine will give you the ability to discriminate out the iron and also allow you to play around in the water (both at the beach and local fresh water lakes). I would recommend either a Fisher CZ 21 or a Minelab Excal II. If you are interested in a PI machine, the Garrett Infinium also has discrimination abilities.

Since you said mostly the beach and only a foot to a foot and 1/2 in the water then I'd say a Sovereign all the way. It's perfect for that water/land time hunting at the beach and is a great old coin hunter on land too. The Minelabs aren't very sensitive to thin gold chains but in terms of a gold ring they'll make your jaw drop in the depth they get. If you want small gold like earings more and thin chains and such then I'd look elsewhere, such as the AT Pro maybe (I think they are pretty sensitive to that sort of stuff but not positive...check around). With that machine you can also go all the way in the water. It's cheap, it's light, and with a full function LCD screen great for land too...But in certain beaches, especially salt water ones, the BBS machines like the Excal or Sovereign are going to run smoother and get more depth IMHO from all I've read of the AT Pro. Don't own one but will some day as I like what I hear about it.

EDIT: See that you bought an Excal. As good as it gets in depth and stability for water hunting out there. It's a waterproof Sovereign. :thumbup: Just remember that you won't find a lot of gold chains with it, but also remember that what is mostly lost is gold rings and in that case there is nothing deeper pretty much unless you are talking a PI machine probably.