Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thieves beware! .....................

Kelley (Texas)

Late last night, someone broke into a neighbor's car and stole his stereo radio. Jesse lives to the left of us, same side of the street, towards the corner...a grey colored brick house with a dark grey roof. This evening several of us stood out front of John's house, which is across the street from us, two houses to the left. We discussed the car burglary and wondered what we could do to prevent it from happening again on our street. Shortly after the start of the conversation, John looked around and asked where Cindy was...Cindy is the good looking school teacher. George said that he saw her come home and then leave, possibly going to the grocery store. Sorry, I guess I am getting off the subject just a tab.

We discussed many different ways to combat the possibility of another car burglary on our street. Finally Thomas, lives to the right of us three houses, made the best suggestion of the night. He suggested that we put a rattlesnake in a brief case, put the briefcase on the front seat of one of our cars and park it out on the curb...put it where a potential thief could see it. We all liked this idea! We then discussed where to get a rattlesnake, where to keep it during the day, and who would put it in the brief case. It appears that no one wants to be in charge of a rattlesnake. We were at a stalemate when I made the motion that the rattlesnake be kept in John's garage and that I would do my part by furnishing the briefcase. John became very vocal and strongly objected...threatened to no longer be a member of the group. Thomas told him that if he left the group that he would tell Carol about John having the hots for Cindy. We all started laughing, well John wasn't laughing, when Debbie and Carol walked up to see what we were talking and laughing about. I told her that we were just shooting the bull, nothing real important...I looked at John and he said, yes that is all we were doing, just shooting the bull. After they walked off and could not hear us, that darn John lashed out and said he was not going to be in charge of that rattlesnake and if anyone told Carol anything about him having the hots for Cindy that we would all sink together...he mentioned Thomas always working on her lawn mower, Jesse always washing his car when she was outside wearing short shorts and a tee shirt, and just mentioned that he knew that Butch had a spotting scope set up in his garage. Well, that was the end of the meeting.

I think this idea of putting a rattlesnake in a brief case is an excellent idea, but I need to find a way to sucker someone into keeping the rattlesnake in their garage during the day. Personally, I think it needs to be kept in Jesse's garage because it was his car that was robbed. We will probably get together this weekend and discuss it some more. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Cripes Kelley, won't the thief get bitten? Couldn't you get sued or charged with something legal? Couldn't you attach a cable through the back of the seat to the case and when the thief yanks on it, a whole lot of noise is set off?
Sheila.

John pulled me aside and told me that I was a mischief maker...that sorta really hurt my feelings. I told him that what he was saying really hurt, that I am really a quiet type of person...that was as far as I got before he bent over in laugher! He was still bent over laughing when I walked into the house for dinner. All I can say is that every dog has his day in court! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

The rattlesnake will be a shaking his rattle and hissing while clicking his teeth...the thief will be yelling and probably cursing at the top of his lungs. It would not surprise me if there were a shot or two from a shotgun added to the noise. This thief would consider himself lucky, years ago in South Texas he would have been hung until dead. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl:

I may have told this before but it is a true story.Many years ago when I worked at GM in St. Louis some Country boys I knew caught a large bobcat in a foot hold trap and somehow got it inside a large suitcase.They then hauled the suitcase to a "bad" part of the city and set it out on a street corner.They parked about 1/2 a block away and within minutes a large 4 door car stopped and a guy jumped out and grabbed the suitcase and threw it in the car and sped away.There were at least 3 other men in the car.Before they made it a block-the car ran off the road,all 4 doors FLEW open-and all 4 men ran off screaming like little girls leaving the car,the suitcase, and a very P.O.ED bobcat.Being city boys they had probably never seen a bobcat before and must have thought they had let the devil himself loose when they opened that suitcase.

I like your idea about the rattler and the briefcase! I hope you have some luck convincing one of your neighbors to keep it in his garage.I am confident you will find a way to talk him into it!:rofl:

in the suitcase. I remember laughing for several minutes after reading about it...wish I could have seen it with my own eyes. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Do you guys ever get any thieves out your way ?? :smoke:

about the rattlesnake. I think maybe you should store the rattlesnake in your frig until it is needed, with the bugs. The cold will slow them down considerable like. Think about it Fred:thumbup:

his briefcase if he wants to! Never know when you might need one. It is the thief that is stealing it. Let it bite him I say. Too many snake thieves around anyway.:thumbup:

You could ask Cindy to join up [providing she has passed the initiation ritual!! :D:]. That way, the ladies would have no complaints as Cindy is now "One of the guys" :):

calm seas

Mikie

n/t

n/t

I'm sure someone makes one that looks and sounds real....motion activated.

Now with that solved.......let's get back to Cindy.