Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

They died at this bridge...............

Kelley (Texas)

The other day while riding the back roads north of here, I stopped at an old ice house to get some gas for the motorcycle. After paying for the gas, I went outside and sat by an old oak tree to take a rest before getting back on the bike. An old man came over and we started talking about the history in the area. During our short visit, he told me about an old railroad bridge on a back road just west of Selma, Texas. He said that about 25 years ago, a high school boy and girl hung themselves from this bridge when it was discovered that she was pregnant. They put a rope around their necks and jumped off the bridge. Late this evening, on the spur of the moment, I decided to ride out to Selma and see if I could locate the bridge that the old man told me about, and maybe take a picture of it. The sun was going down by the time that I found the bridge, but there was still decent lighting for a picture. After I took the picture, I drank a cup of coffee from the themos that I had brought with me. It was so peaceful sitting there looking at the bridge and listening to the birds sing. I watched the sun go down...wait a minute! The old man had also told me that there was a rumor that their ghost haunts the area. I quickly slapped the lid on the thermos, threw it in the saddle bag, cranked up the motorcycle and flew out of the area. It is not my place in life to prove or disprove some ghost story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 69924 SelmaRRBridge10-04-07.jpg]

And it shows how times have changed.... These days, the kids would have had the child and all the support they could ever want.

calm seas

Mikie

n/t

I don't believe in Ghosts but there is no sense in taking chances. :D

What a waste. Such a long term solution to a short term problem

...and although I might not condone some of their doings, I hope they know that I would always love them and would do anything I could to make the best of any situation.

Sin fasinates and then it assisates. I can only imagine the heart-wrenching auguish those kid's parent go through to this day if they are still living.

It's a pretty bridge and I'm glad to know that you are keeping the shiney side up on that iron horse.

aj