Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

They adapt

Royal

We spent over 6 hours on the river today and it was great. The weather was as perfect as it ever gets!

We got home and I put out some corn for the deer and soon Mary yelled to me and said something was wrong with one of the deer, a buck we have not seen before. It sure was walking funny for sure. I got the bionoculars and took a look and saw that the lower part of the right rear leg was missing and it was still walking on it, making a mighty nasty walk for sure. He was putting his weight on it and a hobbling around. I have seen deer like this that got their legs shot off during deer season and they adapt.

I looked to the side yard and the other buck was relaxing over there.

[attachment 99283 deer1.jpg]

[attachment 99284 deer2.jpg]

[attachment 99285 deersideyard.jpg]

[attachment 99286 deersideyard2.jpg]

photos of them. thanks for sharing them with us. Just don't be grumpy at them or yell at them and maybe they will keep providing you with their beauty and company! :biggrin:

When he finally ate his fill he ran off just fine with the doe that was with him

[attachment 99296 deer3.jpg]

n/t

n/t

the last few years. One had a right front leg gone and another had the leg broken and it just flopped around. They could run just fine but if it is a front leg it is a big problem in the winter. They have a hard time pawing for food through the snow.

I think I have posted about it before but the year before last Dave had a big doe, a small doe and a small ? with a missing front leg that they called Tripod.

They throw out corn and keep a bail of alfafa out there in the winter for the deer. One day there were about six deer feeding and the big doe showed up and chased them all off. They ran to the edge of the woods and stood there, her a watching them.

She finally turned and looked the way that she had entered and although we could not hear anything must have signaled. Tripod and the littler doe came with Tripod in the lead. Tripod went to the corn and started a feeding. None of the other deer fed, including the small doe and the big boss doe.

When he had his fill he went to the alfafa and fed there. Finally he finished and walked off a bit and the other two does started feeding and the six that were run off came in. It was amazing. That big doe was taking care of Tripod. This was mid winter and they caught it on video.

more vulnerable to other predators. Coyotes take them out here pretty good on 4 legs, let alone 3.

n/t

probably others have too, that has only two legs, on one side! That sucker runs and plays like any other dog, well maybe not any other dog but it has no clue it is handycapped. It is amazing to see