Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

These storys about the wagon wheel and the old house

Royal

got me to thinking about a couple old places we saw out in British Columbia.

What storys these places could tell? How many meals were prepared in this old kitchen and how many lives were protected by these walls?

So many lost storys

[attachment 15127 oldhouse1.jpg]

[attachment 15128 oldhouse2.jpg]

[attachment 15129 oldhouse3.jpg]

[attachment 15130 oldhouse4.jpg]

[attachment 15131 oldhouse5.jpg]

you could find out the history of the old homes...who lived there, what did they do with their lives, what happened to the folks. Old home places fascinate me. I liked the bird house in the third picture. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

the picture of the birdhouse, which was on a small barn across the road from the house, so I could remember what it looked like if I decided to copy it.

Little Sister was there when I took these pics

and is in stark contrast to the hot brush country of South Texas. That country side up there is beautiful, so different from what I have experienced.

Sorry, but I could not help but think "snakes" when viewing the high grass around those old homes. :lol:

Viewing those pictures put my imagination in full gear...did those folks have a garden, did they have a cow, did they totally live off the land? What became of those folks, did they raise a family there, what hardships did they endure? We will never know the answers, but it is kinda exciting thinking about it.

I drank a cup of coffee, thought about these pictures, and came back for another look. Thanks for posting them, very enjoyable. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

We can go and check it out some more. Who knows, maybe we can even get her to fully ealize that 'metal detecting' does not mean that the person who finds the METAL wins :lol:

calm seas

M

Great pics. Royal ! Looks like a place I would love to swing a coil over but Mike has probably already cleaned it out! LOL!

bar or hammer, I would have gotten it, too! Of course, we would have had to form a human ladder, since all of our butts seem pretty close to the ground!

And remember what the forrest looked like Royal and Mikey? It was carpeted with that bright green moss! Now I know how the Enchanted Forrest got it's name!

Thanks for posting these Royal! :)

I'll bet the birdhouse is STILL occupied in the spring. I'll bet the guy that built it all would never have thought that. <><

aj

magical like

n/t

I find out that the detector I used didn't have all the fancy gadgets on it you guys had, so I still did outstanding! :lol: Dang I miss my touke! (is this how you spell it?)

was an old wooden hog trough that was still there, and seems like we could tell there was hay still in the barn. The birdhouse is something I coveted, but had no way to get it!

It was cool, but it was a beautiful day when we went on this adventure. Mikie and Alice sure entertained us, and it was because we all liked the same things. This was just beautiful, and it does make you wonder many things about the place. I will try and post some photos of us wandering around! :)

I did find me a fine Canadian boyfriend. He was old, and the best thing is that he was mute!
[attachment 15220 boyfriend.jpg]

Then me and Royal ran into a ferorcious bear!
[attachment 15222 bear-and-royal.jpg]

He said Royal tasted bad, and was tough, so then he got me next! I was too sweet! :lol:
[attachment 15221 biting-bear-2.jpg]

Before we took off on one of our daily ventures, Alice made Mikie pull over on the side of the road, and we commenced to picking a dozen or so apples from a tree probably from an old home place. The apples and the fresh well water from their house that they brought in glass bottles made for an awesome snack! This was Alice supervising the harvest of the apples.
[attachment 15223 alice-and-apples.jpg]

This is one of my favorite pics from the trip. The two "teddy bears", two of the sweetest people I have ever met!
[attachment 15224 mike-and-royal.jpg]

Finally, another old cabin that was actually quite close to where Mikie and Alice live. Me, Mikie and Royal rode the mule to it, and kicked around a bit. Alice was training one of the horses, I think.
[attachment 15225 log-cabin-by-mikes.jpg]

These are just a few of the hundreds of photos we took combined. Sorry if some of them are repeats, I don't really remember all the ones that have been posted.

Catch ya later!
Sunny

I don't know if the brilliance of the green moss will show up well! It was just like a carpet! :)
[attachment 15226 Enchanted-Forest.jpg]

way of showing how it really was. I have been in a lot of forest but none have ever given me that feeling. I expect some Leprecns to come jumping out.

I would have loved to had time to really explore that area

[attachment 15236 Enchanted-Forest2.jpg]

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t