Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There was a Wolf problem..........

Wayne in BC

My son in law has been having trouble with Timber Wolves around his cattle, they are calving now and he cannot afford to feed the devils so is solving the problem.
They are big rascals weighing sometimes 150 lbs!
[attachment 118962 DonsWolves.jpg]
[attachment 118963 DonsWolves2.jpg]

But they are beautiful animals. Do they ever pose a threat to humans? Are they common in your area? I have always been fascinated by wolfs. In your years of guiding did you ever have any close calls with predators? Which were you most fearful of? Sorry for all the questions but this is very interesting to me

and will devastate game herds until they end up starving themselves and often need to be controlled. They have about used up all the Moose, Elk, and Deer around his area and are taking cattle now.
They almost never bother humans but scare the hell out of folks in the bush who do not know them.
Grizzly was the only critter i was very cautious of and Black Bears i was contemptuous of, thieving cowards and camp wreckers they were:veryangry:

What "tree huggers" can't seem to get is that when its the animals or us the animals have to go!! Many species have been lost in the history of the planet and many more will follow; maybe one day us too, but it is what it is and we're along for the ride!!

Ballance is the perfect condition and taking a few "out" sometimes is the only way to keep the ballance!

n/t

I do know that down here, when the coyotes move in that the fox will move out. Kelley (Texas) :)

they get bigger than that. The largest one was 140 lbs and i have taken a couple over 150, most folks have no idea how big a Timberwolf can be.
Lots of problems out there these days. When the fur market crashed due to eurotrash, hollyidiots, and bambi-ites swaying opinion, the artificially large food supply created by humans in many areas cause an uncontrolled growth in predator numbers with the result that disease has run rampant and many thousands of Coyotes, Foxes, etc have died horribly from mange and other diseases.
I have personally shot Coyotes to put them down as they were staggering around in winter with mange so bad that both back legs were frozen solid while they still crawled pitifully along. Some folks spend way too much time watching TV and damn little time learning how nature and the world really works :rolleyes:

i know your son-in-law does only what he has to do.you would thing a good wildlife biologist knows you have to cull animals sometimes to maintain balance.they don't practice birth control.

n/t

we were driving to Vernon or some other big town? I had forgotten about that.

When I was a boy there were no coyotes around these parts. I was a grown man before I ever heard or saw one. Foxes - both red and gray were plentiful. Now coyotes are THICK around here....and everyone hates them. They kill countless pets and livestock. The fox are all but gone. I have not seen one in years. I would imagine the same will happen to the coyotes if the wolves move in.

n/t

n/t