Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There next machine

What would I like? Although I fear the price-point they would sell it for, I would like to see Minelab's answer to Fisher's new discriminating PI beach hunter. I'd like for it to be able to dive like an Excalibur and be light like the EQX (and hopefully at an EQX price!)

sgoss66 said:
Me?

Equinox 1000 with FE/CO numbers and smart screen. Give me that, and I may never have to buy another detector (except for maybe a discriminating PI from Minelab, like Jason said -- except for beach AND coins/relics)…

Steve

[size=large]The Equinox 1000 is coming, although that might not be the name...[/size]

I know ML sure would like to squeeze more depth out of the Nox next time. I think they could do that just by doing say a 13 coil as hot as there little 6" one. I dont know...... Whites and Fisher both introduced PIs......... and ML, well they certainly should be looking that direction as well. Steve ..... i miss those ferr/con digits on a smart screen too. Im also not certain we got the same Nox that was tested for the beach guys....... wheres my chains? Tad more sensitivity/depth to smaller gold...... its there 4 or 5 inches down..... not quite there.

sgoss66 said:
HighPlainsHunter -- whether that's the name, or not...are you saying there is a 2-D FE/CO smartscreen-included Multi-IQ-based machine in the works?

Steve

[size=medium]I know nothing. I'm just guessing, but it makes sense for the next generation Etrac/CTX to live in an Equinox type of housing. They can't come out with another 5 pounder and expect it to sell like these new lightweight units do. Although I don't know for a fact that Minelab is coming out with an upgraded Etrac/CTX, I would be shocked if they don't. I, also, think that might be a reason that Andy Sabisch's Equinox Handbook hasn't been released. He mentioned that it was at the printer last year. I just think something is in the works. The other thing is that the Equinox units are starting to become backordered from Minelab. Maybe they are getting the new production line set up. Again, it's all just speculation on my part, and I'm not privy to any inside information. I just hope I'm right...[/size]

I have the Equinox but so far we're not getting along that well. I know it's a good machine but if I can't get some tips and adjustments may need to pass it on to someone else.

Challenge for me is the weight of my old favorites, need to take my new SE pro out for a spin to see if we still mesh

Interesting thoughts. How old is the equinox I think the equinox will have to be 3-5 years old before a new machine is released
But the p.i.thing is also something to think about too

Dew -- sounds like we agree, on the FE/CO numbers and smart screen!

HighPlainsHunter -- got it. And yes, I agree with everything you said. One thing I didn't know is that they Equinoxes are becoming backordered again, on occasion. That is interesting...

Steve

However Steve.....you may get it .... but in the form of a CTX. I think they will stick with this platform..... yes, but they have to be saying..... do we keep BBS, change up the CTX to make it lighter with improved TID and depth...... or dump it as cost savings and make the next Nox .... 3rd level taking the place of the CTX, ET and Safari as well as perhaps a PI with dive ability to replace the Xcal. Thinning the herd. The Nox has to be hurting sale .... even their own. I dont see how they can not take a serious look at PIs at this point either.

I agree with you, dew. An "FBS-3" in an Equinox-weight package, or an "Equinox 1000" that has FE/CO and 2-D smartscreen, could be a replacement for the CTX/E-Trac/Safari; I can't believe sales on any of those 3 have done anything but decrease SIGNIFICANTLY, since the release of the EQX...

Steve

I really feel like if they do release something I want it to stay chunky, because the equinox shaft is too short for me so if they did that form factor any new minelab would be useless to me. Ctx and etrac and excal are all perfect for me.

OK this is what I would like.
Plug the EQ into your PC & have a screen pop up that looks like the control head.
Be able to learn the controls AND change the MD settings & save them to a separate
memory that will have at least 10 slots.
Also be able to load files of other MDrs settings to try.
Add to that labeling so you easily see what "mode" you are in.
FE/CO numbers would be nice also.
A longer shaft included. Most of us would like that I am sure.
& while they are at it a clock !
Most is software, big expense would be the the display & case IF they need change.

HH
Tom in NH
LFOD !

I would like to see a Multi-IQ dedicated nugget detector perhaps with simplified setup. With more audio punch.