Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There are less "city birds" than "country birds" ....................

Kelley (Texas)

Since moving to the city, one of the first things that I have noticed is that there are less birds...and less types of birds. I have noticed that there are no hawks or other big birds of prey. Same thing with wild animals, I have not seen any or heard any wild animals. I sure miss the Home Place with the coyotes, feral hogs, deer, fox, raccoons, and the many different kinds of birds. I must admit that I do not miss the snakes! What I now hear are fire engines, low flying air planes, neighbors farting, constant lawn mowers, constant barking of dogs penned up in back yards...what a rat race! I use to wake up to hearing the cows, hearing the horse nicker, and hearing the squirrels running across the roof of the house...now I hear the squeal of tires, and the newspaper hitting the front of the house. I do not belong here! Kelley (Texas) :sad:

on the deck in Roscommon and the air was alive with the sounds of nature. I told her I was gonna get a recorder and just set it on the deck to catch all the sounds. We have three familys of Baltimore Oreals and Red Breasted Grosbeaks that are constantly at our feeders and nesting in the woods behind the house, just over the ridge.

I saw a bird nesting in one of my birdhouses last week that I could not identify. I hit the bird books and found that it is a flycatcher. I have never seen one. I took a picture of its nest, the birdhouse has a hinged top, and there were 5 eggs. I could not get a picture of the adult.

I hope to be getting up there before they are fledged and I know I will get some pictures of the adults.

i hear the birds,the squirrels come up close to get acorns from the tree's,the possums and coon's usually make a trip by during the night though i don't usually see them,the coyotes only now and then and i find places where the armadilla's have been digging.
but i live on a state highway and a county road runs next to the property and the squealing tires of all the teenagers is here,along with everybody accelerating fast that has glasspacks or straight pipes on their pickups.so let this be a lesson to all,don't by property on a state highway if your looking for peace and quiet in the country,by property on a county road that's off the major roads.

Y'all get yoreself back out to the ranch!

Dave