Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Them there Indego Snakes just love the Rattlers it seems :D

Royal

From a friend in west Texas :

I always heard my Dad talk about the Blue Indigo Snakes (Black Racers or Cow Suckers in KY) he used to know while ranching in the Brackettville/Spofford area before moving to the present ranch in about 1932. He always said, no one bothered them, because they killed and ate rattlesnakes. Of course I thought it was a tall tale, because I never saw one on the present ranch. But while working for the King Ranch down in deep South Texas , I saw several of these snakes. They were big, long and the color of Indigo or Blueing they use to use in dying clothes. Never saw one eat a rattler, but I guess the truth doe s come out now and then. Enjoy the attached photos. Send to all your friends in South Texas and those who hunt down that way to let them know there are good snakes out there.

This image is 330 k. Click on the open image

[attachment 103643 Indegorattler.jpg]

n/t

about up here as far as dangerous snakes so I just ignore them when I see them in the flowers.

There is no way you can stop the dogs from doing what is natural for them but I bet three nice big snakes will kill more rats and other destructive critters than those three dogs. Now I know the dogs are hell on skunks, I saw that myself :D

http://www.calusanature.com/Animal%20Facts/IndigoSnake.htm