Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Them thar Allley Gator Gars am be BIG fishes!!!

Royal

when they are about 3/4 feet long they look different.i use to seem them dead floating in the water on the stinky end of a lake i went to.i think they would get on peoples trot lines and they would kill them and throw in the water.i wonder if maybe there might be a couple of varieties of them.

by different i mean their snouts.they seem to look longer in relation to their bodies when young.when i use to swim in the lakes sometimes i'd feel something brush up against and i'd get spooked a little:).i figured it might be a catfish or ur...something.i've never heard of anybody body being bothered by one but that might be because they didn't get that big.

they don't have limits on them here as far as i know,and i think in the rivers they eat a lot of fish and i don't think wildlife officials really care about them being eliminated because i don't think there is a shortage.i think i remember one time they were encouraging prople to kill them because they were to thick and were effecting the other fish population in a river.

n/t

I've seen some big-uns, but nothing like those where I fished. Of course that doesn't mean they weren't there.

There are several varieties of gar in this country, a couple of them don't get very large as I recall.

Regards and thanks for the post,

Cupajo

and will then drag the victim from the boat...no trace of the victim will ever be found. While I have never witnessed something like this, my cousin down near Beeville, Texas told me that he had heard about this happening many years ago. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl: