Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The wreck of the Flyer - repost

VT Dave

The Wreck of the Flyer. Chapter one, Heading out.

It was a dark and stormy night. Well no, actually it was a pretty decent morning when I pulled into the parking lot at seven thirty AM. We had had an early light rain but the clouds were breaking up and the day had promise of being a good day to be on the rails. I was volunteering to crew a special train on this day. We had six coaches reserved for a railfan excursion. For those of you who don

That would be a neat way to see the country ! Have you been to different areas much or do you stay local ? I've never been on a passenger train but the wife and I have always talked about going for a long trip on a train one day. Just to roll along thru the countryside. Waiting for another chapter in your story. I'm looking forward to it.:)

Rob

and since we were constantly stopping to pick up and let off camper along the way it took 10 hours. That was a long time to be setting on a train but when I went to Boot Camp in fifty seven we rode from Detroit to San Diego on a train. I never want to spend that much time on a train again.

We didn't stop rocking for hours after getting to Diego!!

Thanks for the story. I hope there is more

little town called Emmet, Arkansas...to visit her ailing father! I could have been no more than three years old. I do remember mother wearing a hat and dress which I thought she looked like a movie star!

We visited for a few days, then came back to Benton. I don't know where that knucklehead Johnboy was, and Lil Brother was not even a reality! I just remember it was a very special trip!

For Christmas this year, I thought I might get some train tickets and take my youngest three grandson's to St. Louis, just so they could have the thrill of the ride. They are all three CRAZY about trains. I thought this might create a great memory for them. They have enough toys, etc. I want something that would make them tell or write a story one day!

Thanks for sharing. I think I might have missed this the first time around! :)

n/t

but I only had the chance to ride one in the first grade from Benton, Ar to Hot Springs, Ar,(about 30 miles). I have never forgotten the ride, looking out the window and seeing the countryside go by.

Good one Dave

Lil Brother