Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Wife is Learning.. But Stay Away..!

fastdraw

The wife has been learning with her Vanquish 540 for several months now, and she's just now starting to understand the concept. She's very non-technological. She is finally in just the past 3 weeks started to pull up coins and artifacts. It's difficult,.. but I keep my mouth shut and walk far away and I don't even look in her Direction. She refuses to take any advice... and it's taken me several months to just let her learn the hard way. But she's now really starting to get into it. So maybe I was the jerk for the first few months...???

It’s possible you just answered your own question 😁

sometimes we just need to let go and allow them to learn on their own. Sounds like she is getting the hang of it. I feel you did the right thing by allowing her to learn on her own. It’s the best type of experience To get in the field: trial and error.

Some people jump in with both feet.
Some people it creeps up on.
Then when you start finding the good stuff your hooked.
Now you have a detecting buddy not sure if that's good or bad?

My luck would be she finds a big gold ring on her first try and asks me whats so hard???

Might be bad if she starts finding all the treasure :ROFLMAO:

Some people jump in with both feet.
Some people it creeps up on.
Then when you start finding the good stuff your hooked.
Now you have a detecting buddy not sure if that's good or bad?

Sounds like she is just working on “getting in the zone” as I call it,where a person becomes one with the detector....if she stays on this course she might teach you a thing or two lol.. as long as she is enjoying herself that’s all that matters..

Any way a husband and wife can spend quality time together is a good thing .. Now throw a couple of metal detectors into the mix ... Then quality time together is more enjoyable , fun and even a little competitive .. That being said .. My wife and I are going away Oct. 1-4 . Beach hunting on Cape Cod some good spots where I have found some older silver and gold .. Can't wait . She has a Fisher F-19 pink camo unit with the Garrett Z link .wireless headphones and pinpointer. I have the Equinox 800 .. Should be a good time..

By the way , we never go into the National Seashore area . " it is illegal to metal detect there" . Most of the old shipwrecks happened along that part of the Cape . Very treacherous waters .