Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The view from my house.........

Wayne in BC

I found this part panorama on our local newletter, MT Arrowsmith, its kinda famous, the pic was taken about a 1/2 mile south of my home. Those are logging roads you see part way up and i have roamed around there on my quad, looking for Blueberries, Mushrooms, and Gold. There is a lake high in the fold that is in a Volcanic fissure.
[attachment 46569 MtArrowsmith.jpg]

Here is a decent picture of Arrowsmith Lake, i used to hike around here looking for minerals when i should have just been enjoying the scenery!

[attachment 46570 arrowsmithlake3.jpg]

n/t

Years ago, did a military plane loaded with gold or cash crash in this area? Kelley (Texas) :)

A C-48 and a C-49 were reported as missing. However, they were lost in the Northern part of B.C. near Watson Lake. No one knows how the stories or the treasure got started, but in the years following the double crash, Canadian and US airmen talked about a plane that had gone down in northern B.C. with an army payroll on board. Of course both governments tried to put down these rumours since no treasure had yet been found. With subtle variations, the stories are still told today.In one edition of the Edmonton Journal, it was reported that the treasure plane carried $250,000.00 in payroll and 400 lbs of gold.

One plane was found in 1948 by a Mr. Falkart of Elkton, Oregon. He was a with a guide, George Bahne, of Fort Nelson, B.C. Debris was found scattered over a wide area indicating the plane hit at a high rate of speed. The wreckage was reported and the airforce officials spent over a month investigating the accident; an unusually long time for an investigation in that era. Some people speculate they never found the treasure, hence the time involved. And the US government has never said the plane did not carry treasure.

Calm seas

M

Years ago I remember reading a story about the airplane crash, but I did not know that there were two planes. That picture that Wayne posted of the lake looked similar to the lake that was in the story. Thanks for the information, very interesting. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

You sure would be bored with my country!!:thumbup:

a lake,used in a book by author "CLIVE CUSSLER". About an WWII airplane going down,in a lake,on a mountain.Of course,with the plot being treasure on board. He always begins the book,back in time of the occurrence,and jumps to present day. He has written maybe a couple dozen,same plot,disappearing train,or ship etc. The Movie "SAHARA" was based on his book of the same title. If you missed the movie or book,its about a Confederate Monitor,disappearing,near the end of the Civil War,and found present day,in the SAHARA Desert!

n/t

The lake looks interesting. Wonder how old it is. Think there might be color in its bedrock???

Pretty stuff, bud.

aj

most of the mineralised areas (gold/silver/copper)are west of there about 5 miles. It cost me a couple hundred thousand calories to find that out, not such a bad thing tho!:lol: