Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Ultimatum...!!

CliffHanger

She ranted and raved. "Again? You're going detecting again? That's it, I've had it up to here with your metal detecting! You seem to prefer being with that pole with a Frisbee on the end than with me and I'm sick and tired of it! It has come down to this and the choice is yours. Me or that yellow metal detector!" She was referring to the Ace 250 of course.

It was brutel and harsh but I knew she was right so my reply could only have been... "Have a great life doll face!" and I went to the park to swing the yellow fella.
Found these cool items pictured too!
Wonder where I'm going to move to? It has to be near some great detecting spots. I hope I remember how to cook. Anyway, it will all fall into place. When you have your health and a good metal detector... life is great!

Some odds & ends.
The coin on the left is a 1930 French Indo-China 20 cent piece.
The token next to it is from The Chuckness of Cheese.
The bent coin bottom right is a quarter.
[attachment 52407 OddsampEnds.JPG]

Can anyone identify this button?
[attachment 52408 SmallButton.JPG]

Dave, a park attendent drove up to me (these guys can drive right on the grass!) and told me that a little girl had lost a gold ring last weekend. I followed him to the area. I notched the 250 as per Andy,NM's suggestion from his booklet for finding gold jewelry. About ten minutes later. BINGO! 14k with a diamond.
I drove to the ranger station and said to Dave.. Guess what? He replied, Already?
The only problem is they did not leave a phone number nor did they put a 'Lost' ad in the paper. I put a 'Found' ad in the paper this morning.
Hope this ring and the girl get reunited.
[attachment 52409 DSCN2504.JPG]

Hehe...as soon as my md showed up in the mail, I got the "Now I'll be a metal detector widow" speech. :rolleyes: I'm thinking about getting her a little sign with a "I'm a _______ widow" where she can fill in the blank with the topic of the month. :wiggle:

Cool finds though! *Someone* will appreciate you for getting that ring back!

The real way round this one is to treat her to her own MD
and when she gets the bug.

Hip hip hooray, lets go out more often.
BTW, nice finds cliffhanger.

Well the Ace IS a pretty little thing! It only beeps when you want her to. If you get tired of her noise just turn her off. She will sit in a chair while the game is on real quiet. There are some plusses. Well I'm still sorry about the break up.

How is this for a plan. I bought an ACE 250 two years ago at Myrtle Beach and I have found over 100 silver coins and about 50 wheaties, too many $109.00 worth of clads, not to mention Civil War buttons and bullets. I would like to share my terrific hobby with my wife,so here is the plan.
A couple from out church has invited us to the beach in May and told us to bring my metal detectors,(I have already bought my wife her very own ACE 250.)
The couple we are going with are avid MDers, so my wife will see first hand the thrill of finding Lost Treasure. I only hope she gets hooked and learns to enjoy MDing as much as I do. I will keep you all posted and hopefully show you the gold coin or diamond ring we found.
The price of an ACE 250 is a small price to pay to share my favorite hobby with the "Love of my Life."

Your a good man. First to find th ring (hope you hook up) and secondly to pick the ACE over the wife. I mean, hey, a man has to set his priority's:clapping:

glad to find out i am not the only one.my wife asked me if i was going detecting this weekend.why couldn't i spend some time with her.

Yes, thats what I did, my wife's birthday is coming up in April. Today I will be going out to get some wrapping paper & wrap up her new Ace 250.
I'm hoping she enjoys this hobby as much as me.
Still have about 1.5ft. of snow to melt off, enough time for her to watch the video & learn the buttons on the 250, then hopefully we can see the ground again.:twodetecting::canadaflag::garrett:

I took her to a beautiful spot in the mountains of the gold country.

She.. "Honey! Is that a rattlesnake?"

Me .. "Nope, just a dead branch."

She.. "Look! A bear!"

Me .. "That's not a bear, it's a burnt stump."

She.. "This water is freezing cold!"

Me .. "Yeah, great huh?"

She.. in the middle of the night shaking me awake. "Something is making noise in the bushes? Maybe its a mountain lion or a Sasquach?"

Me .. "It might even be a man eating cottontail rabbit!"

She.. "Don't tease me, I'm scared!"

She.. in the morning. "Why can't we go home?"

Me .. "You go home, I'm staying."

She.. "Then how will you get home?"

Me .. "I'll call Don."

She.. "Are you sure honey?"

Me .. "You have thirty seconds to get your ass out of here!"

Some finds from the gold country.
[attachment 52542 Artifacts.JPG]

That's sums up most couples camping experiences. My wife is good for about 3 days, then the whining starts,after that it's time to camp near a shower/washrooms & other people around.:nopity:
My brother in law was smart when married a native trappers daughter, the bush life/camping is the norm for them.:yo:

Maybe try detecting closer to civilization! I know I like going to way way Way out of the way places, but you need to know the wife's limit's and try to work around that.

As they say it takes 2 to tango. I truly hope things work out for you & yours.:twodetecting::cheers:

Nice collection. Good luck with the ring. Would be nice to see the smile on a happy face if you can find the owner.

Bill

Yeah I was lucky. When she was able my wife was my fishing, hunting, prospecting, detecting, everything partner. She was game for anything and she loved detecting and really misses it.

Bill