Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Trespassing Preacher

Sunny

Last Sunday afternoon, my best friend Janet and I decided we would do a little afternoon shopping. My morning had not gotten started off on a very good note, so I thought having an afternoon away from the home front was called for. Plus, I had some really good discounts at a couple of the stores in the mall. It was just fate. I rarely go shopping, as a matter of fact, I HATE shopping, but there are just a few of those times when it is a necessity.

So, I called up Janet, we fired up Lola, and off we went to Little Rock. As we were headed to our last destination, I received a call from JohnBoy! He informed me he was on his way the gravel pit for one final metal detecting trip, and wanted to know if I wanted to come along. Since Janet and I were previously engaged, I told him I guess not.
He said okay, but if I got in early enough to come by, as he planned on parking at the house, which is now occupied and I would see his car if he was still there.

Well, we did make it home before sundown, (and no matter what anyone tries to tell you, you CAN shop in a Pontiac Solstice. Of course the top was up, so that makes a bit more room in the miniscule trunk. Man that thing looked like a well worked jigsaw puzzle, but it all fit in so nicely! Guess it

just for nostalgic sake. A few of the same people are still there from almost 45 yrs. ago but our old home is long gone. One of these days I might just pop in there and look into doing some detecting around the old hangout. Your story strikes a chord with me about ornery people too. Experienced similar myself this past year. A friend from work set us up on some plowed farm field (not planted) that a buddy of his owned. My buddy's house is situated directly behind this land. Off I go detecting about one hundred yards from the nearest house having a good ole' time. In two hunts there I pulled about a dozen Indian heads, an 1820 something U.S. cent, a few Canadian large cents, a barber dime, a nice military button etc. etc. This was going to be a great site for a while to come. Anyways, my third trip there I'm doing my thing when a woman comes struttin' over. I greet her warmly and she kinda snarls at me. Do you know whose land your on ? I tell her that my buddy secured me permission thru the owner. Well, it turns out that the "hotspot" for detecting was about twenty yards into the adjoining field which is owned by her "former neighbor". She called this owner and asked them if they'd like her to inquire as to whether I was on their property or not. She informed me that they did not want me crossing the property line and hung about for a while just to make sure I didn't. This bimbo walked a good eighty yards to accomplish her mission. Whatta ya gonna do ? Lots of goodies were left behind. Of that I'm certain.:ranting:

just do not see the point in it! Too bad about your prime hunting ground, but I still think people who act like this will get theirs eventually! I hate mean people syndrome, and worse I hate stooping to their level and when they bring out the worst in me! :(

them there preacher men can be sneaky :D

worry too much about Scott! 'Course he DOES have that additional body part, so I can see where you guys have to stick together!! :rofl:

to avoid at all costs, driving by there. It just gets me down. Trouble is, it is on the way to my office, and Johnboy goes by it twice a day...as it is on his way to work and back! Oh well, I just have to keep telling myself, had my daddy lived longer he would never have stayed there as long as I did, and without my mother there with me, it just was not the same. Still, I got the photos and the memories, so I am good with that! :)

Maybe not better, just different. Or maybe the owner was having a bad day. Anyway, the memories, as Rod said [why am I always second place to that guy!! :) ], will always remain and that is what matters.

Take care Sunny.

Counting the days!!

fair winds

M

nuts but I beat them to it :D:D:D:D:

people that just have to complain bout everything.... yeah, maybe Johnboy was "tresspassing" but he sure wasn't hurting anybody! Takes a feller a long time to get over using a place like he's done all his life. Keep the good memories and throw the others out with the trash!

Dave

Times are changing, and in my opinion it is not changing for the good. So many folks now days do not know the meaning of the word "happiness." That being said, what is really important is what is inside of you and your outlook on life. Happiness, or not being happy is nothing more than habit...how you view life on a continuous basis.

Next time something like this happens, as you leave, give the man a big smile and tell him to please have a great day! You will be the better person and will be at peace with yourself.

This story of yours made me stop for a few minutes and reflect back on my life. I can honestly say that I grew up in a loving and happy home, and have had a happy life with no regrets. One of the keys to my happiness is that I have never been money driven but have always been more interested in my family and friends...money or material things have never been that important to me. I am a simple man and I live a simple life. I have always enjoyed being on a good horse back in the brush country watching a fox down at the creek or watching some squirrels eating some acorns rather than spending the day at a movie house in the city. I grew up in the best of times and I think that you did too!

You have your memories of the gravel pit and you will always have those memories whether you ever again visit the site. You just need to take a big breath and give thanks for having such a happy childhood. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

acting like an upset girly! We get those city idiots here now and then, they have interesting stories to scare little children with when they leave:biggrin:
I did enjoy the story tho:thumbup: Now i will go read your brothers version......

pity for those that think they have to be so uppity! Thanks for reading! I have a tendancy to agree with Wayner! Had I been a man, he would not have acted this way toward me! I feel sorry for his wife! :(

he can someday become a happy person and enjoy life and all it has to offer instead of taking everything so personal! Actually all Johnboy did was park his car on the wrong side of the fence! The gravel pit was not his property! :)