Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The thing I love most about Geocaching

Royal

are the wonderful out of the way places I find.

I went out for a little while today and found this little lake, way out in the boonies. I had to drive down a two track at least a half mile or so and there it was. Just beautiful.

I did not find the cache but really didn't care. The first shot is the route to to get to the lake with a small boat. Someone piled logs and some cement slabs. They are rocky but servicable.

The second is a panorama of the little lake. I would have never known it was there without following my GPS to a cache. The time on my camera is off :D

[attachment 25965 lake.jpg]

[attachment 25966 lakepanorama.jpg]

I also found another cache today and got lost coming back. What a pain. The battteries in my GPS were low and led me in a bunch of circles going in. I tried to pay attention to where I was going but didn't. I found the cache and then headed out. I found a trail, had not seen going in and knew I was screwed up. I decided to follow it as I knew it went near the road, somewhere.
I walked for over an hour at a fast clip and came to a three I had already passed. Great. :( The trail had made a loop at that point. I had gone to the right and should have gone left. I set out the right direction and was out in another half hour. Great walk in a stand of huge red pines. I did find another source for Porcupine Turds if Linda wants more. I can even send her a dead Porky but I would have to put it in a zip lock bag. Sorta funky you know :D

put up a sign that says "no girls".....unless they are rich:biggrin:
That place is just like a couple lil lakes i used to fish for Brookies, are the edges a floating bog?

n/t

that we miss. I've found like you are that just off the beaten path are some great new areas to be discovered that without the GPS I woul dhave never gone there. Those really are nice pictures. I'm not having very good luck with the smaller pictures at all.

Is that man made or beavers or and old glacier hole?

I got confused one day this past winter by not paying attention. I like to just go cross country when I can and had battery failure. I went out and got a small camera bag with a strap that it just fits in and has a spot for 2 extra batteries which I now carry with me, plus,I carry a extra GPS with me. I turn it on at the car, mark the car and then turn it off again. I have a bad habit of not paying attention at times to my suroundings or like I said, bushwacking in a straightline with the GPS. Thats when that GOTO comes in hand on the second GPS. Seldom need it here but its nice to have it there. I hunt alone a lot and an during the winter will go out in the later afternoon and need to be the sun back before it sets.

Tell ya, you have some beautiful country up that way. Keep those pictures coming, you do a great job with them.

George-CT

to help you with directions! :lol: No dead animals, please. I have the porky thingies, still. I will do magic with them, but you'll just have to wait a while! :)

n/t

am moving up here to Roscommon. It is a great area

n/t

I think there are over 11000 in Michigan. DO a Google on Oakland County Michigan Lakes and I think you will find over 430 natural lakes in my county alone.

We have lakes :D

n/t

there are or people would not have gone to the trouble to make the access point. I will try it this summer though

betcha ya won't ferget extra batteries next time :rofl:

be stranded out there after dark. I had no flashlight and was so stupid I did not have my cell either. I could have been in trouble but found that trail and just stuck to it. They always go somewhere :D

It is in a marshy area so I figure it is natural. Not many damed up areas around here unless the beaver do it. I have no idea how deep this one is though but it must be deep enough for fish

n/t