Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

'The Thankful Leper'

SeniorSeeker

The Thankful Leper

"Remember to say thank you!"

"What a nice gift! Now, what do you say?"

If you're a parent (or spend much time around kids), you know how difficult it is to teach children to express simple gratitude when they receive something nice. I consider it a smashing success when my young daughter remembers to mumble out a quick, not-exactly-heartfelt "thank you" before rushing along to the next birthday present or shiny object.

As we grow older, we learn the rules of politeness and gratitude. We come to understand the importance of expressing thankfulness at the right times. But that doesn't mean we always do it! One of Jesus' most famous miracles illustrates exactly how difficult we find it to say the words "thank you."

Luke 17:11-19

Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance and called out in a loud voice, "Jesus, Master, have pity on us!"

When he saw them, he said,

I believe that the 9 others didn't keep their healing because only one who thanked Jesus had enough faith to make him well! For by faith we receive what is needed even salvation and healing....but because I haven't been completely healed, maybe I don't have enough faith in that area while seeking God for it! My sister has great faith when it comes to healing and not so much when it comes to finances, while I know God has met my financial needs very often when I needed money to pay my bills! By faith we know Jesus and accept Him as our own personal Savior and by faith we keep trusting and walking with Him even in our trials which helps our faith to increase more and more! Amen! :angel: Ma