Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Ten Virgins Story by Jesus as Told by David Metzler :thumbup::clapping:

SeniorSeeker

Wise And Foolish by David Metzler
The Kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins. Matt. 25:1

Evening descended upon the Mount of Olives. “In full view is a dwelling house lighted up brilliantly as if for some festive scene. The light streams from the openings, and an expectant company wait around, indicating that a marriage procession is soon to appear.” Jesus drew a parallel.

The ten virgins waited for a bridegroom. Five wise virgins had purchased extra oil because no one could know how long the festivities would last. Five foolish virgins showed up with just the oil in their lamps. As the bridegroom took his time, all ten maidens fell asleep. At midnight someone announced, “The bridegroom cometh.” All ten rose and trimmed the wick on their lamps. But the foolish now discovered their empty of oil - and they had no reserve! The wise could not share, for they needed all their oil to get themselves through the evening. The foolish rushed to purchase oil, and while they were gone the bridegroom arrived. Those ready and waiting went in with Him to the wedding feast. When the foolish maids returned they found themselves shut out. Desperately they pounded upon the door and begged, “ ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!” But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you’ “ (Matt. 25:11, 12).

The Bridegroom is Christ. The wedding feast is His return to take us home to the marriage supper of the Lamb. “The two classes of watchers represent the two classes who profess to be waiting for their Lord. The are called virgins because they profess a pure faith. By the lamps is represented the Word of God. The psalmist says, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path’ (Ps. 119:105, KJV). The oil is a symbol of the Holy Spirit.” Every virgin sleeps prior to the coming of the Bridegroom! The foolish maidens were attracted to the gospel and the theory of truth, but they had put off preparation, neglecting to change their lives to conform to Christ’s teachings. “Both parties were taken unawares; but one was prepared for the emergency, and the other was found without preparation.” A crisis will reveal one’s character. The foolish maidens’ spiritual development had been superficial and inadequate. Preparation begins now, for waiting until midnight is perilous.

When your probation closes, it is too late to acquire the oil needed to accompany the Bridegroom. Daily we must let the Spirit fill us. Then we will be prepared to meet Him.

Very true! Most just come to church and do not really get the message that the God ordained preacher is preaching! The key is to always be in preparation! Always be ready for Christ's return! That means talking and praying to the Lord every day! Communing with Him daily! It is important to read the Word of God daily and if possible to attend a local God fearing church! God is good and I pray that He leads me into his righteous paths daily! Help me to be a witness for those that need Him! I pray for my desires to be Godly desires and to take away those desires that are ungodly! Amen!

Amen! Joe! Unless we are ready, watching and waiting patiently for our Lord's coming we will most likely miss our Bridegroom and not enter into HIs glory! Amen! :angel: Ma