Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The technical question to Eric Foster.

mrand

I have a coil 380mm diameter, probably from the detector SuperScan. Photo 1. There is very good and universal (2.4ohm/490uH). At present, I use her with other detector PI.
On the second photo is visible as beautifully looks her flooding. Eric, whether you can remind which resin then you used? I took a little sample which after heating emits the scent similar to the phenol. Your answer is very important and I wait for her. I greet
Mrand

Mrand, the only material that I know of that's ever been used to embed searchcoils in the manner shown in the photo, is epoxy resin. (I'm not Eric, but I've been involved in many searchcoil designs for several different companies over 29 years.)

--Dave Johnson
Chief Designer, FTP-Fisher

Sorry but I missed this as I was away at the time. The coil is not one of my manufacture, so I am not sure what resin was used. I always use a viscosity lowering spray when the shell is filled, which ensures that the resin adheres to the shell wall with no gap as the picture shows.

Eric.

For such a repair use a good 2 part Epoxy resin. Usually comes in small tubes which you then squeeze and mix however much you want. Make sure the surfaces to be repaired are dry and clean. Rough up with a piece of medium grade sandpaper helps the resin adhere.

Eric.

Mrand, I have been trying to contact you, but have not received a reply! Please drop me a message. Thank you!