Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The sun is shining brightly, but there are no birds singing...............

Kelley (Texas)

The sun is shining brightly, not a cloud in the sky, but the birds are not singing because of the heat. They are resting in the shade along side of a neighborhood cat...sorta a truce due to the survival mode of the animals in this hot, dry heat wave. A few minutes ago, I saw a bug that would be perfect for using for a macro photo, but it was not to be...he went down a crack in the soil and did not surface again. I am tempted to go on a short bike ride while the temperature is holding at 96 degrees at the moment, but it is expected to go to 105 in the next few hours...would have to be a short ride. Another option would be to make the rounds to a few pawn shops...maybe find a better camera for macro photography, one that will take a picture while the bug is running for his life and does not want his picture taken to be posted on the Forum. As a last resort, I guess that I could visit another certain forum and stir the pot, maybe getting the folks to fuss...that is always entertaining. In hind sight, I probably should have gone to church this morning, but I always fall asleep there...they don't seem to mind if you sleep as long as you are awake when they pass the collection plate. Say, maybe I will write a story about life down here in South Texas...maybe a coyote story, or a story about riding back into the brush looking for stray cows. Well, let me drink another cup of coffee and think about what I am going to do next. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

We went to a swap meet today but the weather was threatning so we took the car. As it turns out a lot of the people didn't come for the same reason so a lot less stuff to bargain for than usual. Also they were saying that a lot of the riders are headed out to do the Sturgis SD bike week. See what this week brings. Think they are calling for nice weather Tuesday and Wednesday. Works for me. It was 78 here so pretty comfortable.

Geo

"Hot weather and bugs", brought forth a memory so fresh it could have happened yesterday and not in the late '60s. I was in the US Air force in Libya a few months before Qaddafi kicked us out. A hot desert wind blew in one night, so brutally hot, that the bugs flying around the airstrip lights dropped dead in mid-flight!!! I can't remember the temperature after all these years, but everyone had to quickly get to shelter because of the heat and dust.

True Story Friends,

Cupajo

about cowboying. I have never been a cowboy and all I know about it is what I have seen in movies. I am sure much of that is BS too. What is it like to ride fence in 100 degree temps. What is it like at night under the stars, cooking on a campfire? I have done this up here in the north lands but have no idea what it is like under the enormous Texas nighttime sky.

What are the dangers and the thrills of riding the range? Who were your fellow cowboys and what was it like to work with them. What were the mean cowboys like and what makes a good cowboy? Are some mean to animals? Are there really sissy cowboys down there in Texas or was that another state?

Yeah, I like cowboy story's and I sure like your wit and cleverness.

We have a friend who , last year on his first cut, got 415 bales from one of his fields... This year, same field, he got 732 bales on his first cut. Hope it keeps up.

And yes, please do write. I will get some together when I slow down and the cabin is more or less finished.

Calm seas

Mikie

sun long enough. 2 days of rain, then 3 days max of sun. So much rain when it comes some areas they can't get into, or I should say out of. They were doing pretty decent last week, then it went back to the rains showers daily, not a lot but enough and thunder storms in the evening where it could be a couple inches, just depends on where you are in the track of them. We are feeding out last round bale left over from winter now.

Geo