Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The success stories are great but...about those bad Ideas

LuckLarry

The success stories are great but after getting my butt kicked tonight I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about a post for the dumb stuff we have done and wont do again.

My hunt tonight is a good example of a bad Idea. I did not have long until dark so I set of in a hurry. (That right there was a bad Idea). And I left my Bullseye pinpointing tool behind.
This was a real mistake for tonight as I went to a playground that is only a year and a half old. In a recent developement built here in the desert near my home. Well I got there and to my suprise the ground was wood chips and not sand. Everywhere else was granite rock and gravel spread out. I realy dont care if I ever dig in wood chips again, This stuff was real corse and just about the same color as a penny. I was Using a ECLIPSE DEEPSCAN DD 1400 on the Coin/Jewelry mode. Man that is a heavy coil, but she does sweep wide and deep. I dont know if I will ever get the hang of pinpointing a penny with that coil though.

Things done wrong:
1. Left in a hurry without an equipment check.
2. A really new development site. (Lowered probability of a find.)
3. 5" deep majorly course wood chips a pain. (Still they look like they are realy great to hide anything dropped in them, and surely dampen the sound of anything dropped.)
4. Used a metal detector without a display light near dark. And did not bring a head light.

Things done right:
1. going
2. Had fun anyway

Total finds of the night:
one penny :shrug:

Luck Larry