Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Story Of Two Aussie Vietnam Vets Who Are

AuzeeSheila

Clearing land mines in Cambodia. Just saw a documentary on how they started and was interested to see that Minelab sells them detectors at cost price. They are raising funds to buy more detectors, to give to the people, one by one. Each one has the name of a soldier engraved on it along with the date of his death due to a land mine.

http://members.optushome.com.au/glaust/index-1.htm
Sheila.

n/t

have never understood the bravery of the men and women that defuse bombs. Now way could I do it. They wear protection but their hands are not protected at all. Not for me!!

Thank you for posting this and I recommend it to everyone!!

Met in the psychiatric ward of a hospital, during treatment for long personal battles with the demons from the war. They see it as 'giving back' to the people of Cambodia. They raise money here by holding 'chook (chicken) raffles in the pubs and biker bars. As soon as they have enough for the next trip over there, and a few more detectors, they go back. They also support an orphanage for children who have lost limbs to the mines. They have trained the wife of one the villagers to detect for the mines too. It will be a never ending task, I'm afraid.
Sheila.