Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Star of Bethlehem

Justme

According to the Nativity story commonly told, God used a star to lead three wise men, or kings, to the stable in Bethlehem and found Jesus, a newly born baby, in a manger. Countless children have even memorized the names of those three kings: Melchior, Caspar, and Baltazar. But, who were those men? In the original Greek, the Bible calls them neither kings nor wise men. They were magi, or astrologers. They were practicers of the pagan art of divination based on the stars. The Bible record reveals neither the names nor the number of these astrologers. Also, the star did not lead the men directly to Bethlehem, but to Jerusalem, where their inquiries about Jesus reached the ears of King Herod. Herod then “secretly summoned the astrologers,” who told him about the newborn “king of the Jews.” Herod then said: “Go make a careful search for the young child, and when you have found him, report back to me.” Herod’s interest in Jesus, however, was anything but noble. Rather, this proud and ruthless ruler was resolved to put Jesus to death! (Matthew 2:1-8, 16) Interestingly, the “star” now led the astrologers south to Bethlehem. There “it came to a stop” above the house where Jesus was. (Matthew 2:9, 10) Consider, too, when did those men visit? Not when Jesus was a baby in a manger. How do we know that? The Gospel writer Matthew says: “When they went into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother.” (Matthew 2:11) Note that Jesus was no longer a newborn baby, but a “young child.” Mary and Joseph were no longer spending nights in a stable; rather, they were, by then, living in a house. Clearly, this was no ordinary star! Religious leaders commonly teach that God sent the “star.” Did he really? And why would God, who had used angels to inform humble shepherds of Jesus’ birth, now employ a star to guide pagan astrologers — first to Jesus’ enemy and then to the child himself? The only reasonable conclusion is that the star was a sinister device of Satan, who is capable of such manifestations. (2 Thessalonians 2:9, 10) Ironically, today, an ornament called the 'Star of Bethlehem' is usually seen at the very top of the Christmas tree."

You post some interesting things. But let me ask this. Why do you always post things trying to get a big debate started but never post on someone's finds that they find ?

Irnwrkr,
Interesting indeed but you're so far off base about the 'Star' that God Himself placed over Bethlehem. We don't have all the answers to why God does things the way He did and does but one day we will know. That will be when we're in heaven. We are simply to accept and believe, in God's Word, as it is written and, if we will let the Bible explain itself, there won't be any need for us to create our own ideas about what the Bible tells us.

So what I wrote in the poem isn't true or you seem to think it is based on satan and his leadings? You are so far off that I won't even bother to give scriptures for you to read, because you come to your own interpretations and it does take more than a few scriptures here and there to understand what the Holy Word of the Bible is telling us! Herod wanted the child Jesus to be put to death, who would have been two or under by the time the wise men or the magi had appeared before Herod to find out where Jesus was by then! That is why Herod didn't want any other to be king in his place, so he ordered the murder of all the Hebrew babies two years old and younger according to the signs which were followed to find the new Savior of all sinners! Jesus was called the King of the Jews and He is King of kings and is Lord of lords now and forever! If you allow the wrong spirits to guide you, then you are off base and are doing what satan and his demons want you to do! To look away from the truth of Jesus' birth and look more at what is paganism instead of what is the real truth of Jesus' coming and why He was born as the Savior of the world and He is our Lord and King when we believe in Him and do His will that is good and righteous by spreading God Jehovah's good news throughout the world that others might be saved from their sins! In Jesus is Victory over all evil and sin even pagan beliefs that many still follow like it seems! Where your heart is, is what counts and when our heart is purified from sin in Jesus' forgiving love we live like Jesus and occupy in His place until He comes again! Where our heart is, is also our treasure which is laid up in heaven for us forever more! God Bless and follow the truth of God and be joyful in His all-forgiving love by focusing on Him instead of what satan has done or is doing to lead ppl astray! Amen! Ma

I'm not out to start a debate. My aim is to get you to examine your Bible. What you decide to do with what I put up is your decision. Just like the people in Noah's day. They carried on with their business and then one day the door closed and it started to rain...alot

BTW, I post in White's and CTX forums. I am a coinshooter also. I enjoy digging up objects. I'm not just here on this board