Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Spectra V3 in High Trash sites

Andy Sabisch

There are a few sites locally that are a real challenge to any detector due to the high amount of trash present . . . still a number of keepers but you really have to have a detector that can handle the conditions and the patience to work through the trash to find them.

I've taken the Spectra V3 to a few of these sites and when combined with the Eclipse Shooter search coil, I've pulled several coins from holes where there were two or three pieces of trash, especially rusted nails. The small coil did a great job ferreting out the good signals and the Target ID was pretty accurate even when the targets were 6" or so deep. The 4"x6" Double-D footprint is just what you need in the high trash sites to pull oout what's left . . . . . the stock coil tends to have a hard time seperating good from bad when the trash concentration gets as bad as it is in most of the sites I have been frequenting lately. NOTE: The D2 coil does a good job in normal situations being a Double-D as well . . . it's just when you get into an area where there are multiple targets in any section you sweep over, smaller definitely is better.

Another plus was that I could boost the Discrimination Sensitivty and RX Gain higher than I had been able to with the stock coil in these conditions and good targets came through loud and clear.

Have not run the TX Boost option with the small coil but if anyone is wondering if the Eclipse Shooter search coil works on the Spectra V3, the answer is a resounding YES!

(And no, the coil cable is normally wrapped around the shaft . . . . the detector was collapsed for the photo)

Andy Sabisch

I was digging targets past 7+ inches.... easy with the 5.3 eclipse....

Lot of power in the V3 one would do well......2.. weld it wisely....

desperately looking for the sweet spot...getting close... but NO cigar...

jim

Hi All

I was down at the beach today kicking around quickly on the way home ......but happened to have the 5.3 on my machine so kicked out about 20 coins one old cruddy quarter one nickel rest dimes and penny's .......but I kicked it into salt beach mode and ran from the dry sand into the water with a concentric coil and actually held it under a wave or two not a peep except for the pull tab i happen to dig up at about 7 inches and this was just playing with the 5.3 concentric ........of coarse I have a habit of digging every target with a new unit even if i know its junk I dug some real deep pull tabs and some deep bottle caps.......Of coarse I knew they where.... by the way they where acting but ......I plan on spending a lot more time on the beach with this unit.... next time.... i will put the stock coil on..... to cover more ground and see how it runs in the same situation.... I did not Jack it up very much stock except for turning down the threshold...
.Oh I did play with my FrankENsteen program a bit My mixed Mode Altered High Pro ......I think it is so funny when you make changes like that to a factory programs and they work actually pretty well......on the right path.... just got to get more time in with the shovel..............So No it is not V ready does it really need to be.........May be.... but it is doing pretty good .....of coarse if i remember right the Nautilus at one time cranked all the way was between 39 - 44 volts on the TX so 30 volts on this Star traveler is really a lot to weld..... heeehhheee You might be able to tig with dang thing.... get the right transformer hooked up....Any way God Bless... this is getting long.... My 4X 6 Diamond is V ready but i can only swing em one at a time......I think the more they cost the more addictive they ARE.......I know it might weld.... but if it would just make coffee....I 'd probably never go home...

Happy Trails
jimpugh

ETrac
3 red heat s
2 tornados
2 Baracuda's
Aqua Star
Gold Scan 4
Explorer SE
Original Soverighn
modified stingray 2
stingray Original tweaked out