Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Sovereign Wiggle and Rhythm

Ok is it just me but when trying to do the wiggle to see if the target ID will upscale that the wiggle needs a certain even rhythm or it does not work well. It is not just a wiggle it is a certain rhythm that works or am I just fooling myself?

Bryanna

I hunt big farm fields mostly 50 maybe 80 acres on a 3 day weekend if i was to stand over every iffy target and wiggle my coil i wouldn't even detect 2 acres in a day , if you get a null 95% of the time it is iron !! just pass it up and listen for good signals just walk slow and swing low ,when your ears are tuned better to signals then shake the coil some maybe in small parks and especially on beaches time is precious in wet sand at low tide you don't wanna be waisting time wigglin the coil for each maybe target .JMO Jim

Go to this link and it should help you on some of your questions.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1696951,1696951#msg-1696951

You mean when checking out a target you've found? Yep, wiggle or short sweep over it constantly. Some days at some sites it wants me to just shake the shaft as much as I can and as tight as I can. Other days it wants short sweeps, and the speed con vary from slow to super fast. Just play with that at a new site until you see which method and speed gives you the best/most stabile target ID. Mostly I think it wants short sweeps at medium speed or so. It will become second nature and you won't have to think about it. Just play over a deeper target to see which method/speed gives best ID. Also, work your way around the target and see if it improves from one direction. could be a masked coin or one on edge. I've even found that some deep coins not masked or on edge can even null or degrade from some directions but give a fantastic signal from others. I think it's due to the ground matrix or something. If it's deep and is even a junk signal work around it and see if it becomes a coin signal. Deep ones can for various reasons. Always PP from the good direction if you can't from two.

I also have a large area but what I seek has proven to be deep so to find those targets requires a little more patients and the low and slow. The other issue is for some reason there are some old nails so that is why I am taking my time. Wish I could go faster. I think it will take me forever to cover this area and then I need to do it again coming from a different angle. At least I have a place to go for that I am very thankful.

Bryanna

deepdiger60 said:
I hunt big farm fields mostly 50 maybe 80 acres on a 3 day weekend if i was to stand over every iffy target and wiggle my coil i wouldn't even detect 2 acres in a day , if you get a null 95% of the time it is iron !! just pass it up and listen for good signals just walk slow and swing low ,when your ears are tuned better to signals then shake the coil some maybe in small parks and especially on beaches time is precious in wet sand at low tide you don't wanna be waisting time wigglin the coil for each maybe target .JMO Jim