Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The sound of winter!

Buddysox

The sound of winter for me here in Arizona is my headphones on and the Explorer singing loud. The summer here is nasty to detect in because of the heat. When MY season comes I can always tell because the members in the northeast complain Its frozen and are lamenting that they cant get out. I can just Imagine souls such as Labrador Bob and Neal in Ind, sitting at thier computers staring out the window at a frozen landscape and posting all the comments and questions they now have time for. Really, I have noticed that the posts go way up this time of year. Well, IT"S MY TURN! Neal and Bob and anyone out there who cant get out now, I feel your pain! However, tomorrow I will be in my favorite park, 71 degrees, a grin on my face and the Explorer in my hand.

That cut like a knife John :cry:...... where is the love man??? :poke:
Just kidding...... I'll be looking forward to seeing some of the nice finds you will be posting......HH
Bill

Yes,everyone needs a turn,hope you find something wonderful,best of luck to ya..
Be watching for your posts.

n/t

Hey, anyone that makes it down to Phoenix because they are fleeing a snowy landscape, give me a shout! This area is newer and oldies are few and far between but I will take you out to my favorite park and we can get some stick time in and tell each other lies about what we have found.

You must not of been around when Darrell did a lot of posting on here. He was killing the old silver here in Indiana during the winter. I dont stay around here in Indy in the winter. I head out to AZ, southern cal, or this year to Fla. Its a little scary in your area when it starts getting hot.... hate those snakes. Every area has its unique problems to overcome... like hot rocks and just rocks period.... but EMI is sure cut down. Next year im coming back to AZ. Them beach guys have it the best.... slip on that wet suit guys and dig it all.

Dew

You got it Dewcon, Beach is neat but I'm a bout 300 miles away and have to deal with what I got. Rough ground and Rattelers. Yes, I used to read Darrells Posts and enjoyed the youthful enthusiasm he had. Don't know where he went maybe he discovered girls and dosent realise detecting is more important.

John.... Darrell liked his equipment. He moved over to the Fisher 75 group i think. He lives about an hour from me , but i havent talked to him in awhile. He would go where no man would go.... for me a good smack to the face by tree limb at 10 degrees didnt motivate me to go back out in the cold.

Dew

I think that would be imposable. I spent 7 or 8 weeks there one summer working contract for a company. They told me they wanted to open a office in Prescott and me take it over, I was all for that, then they changed there mind and wanted me to take over the Phoenix office, no way it was way to hot and crowded for me. I live in South Texas it's hot but not like that. In the summer we have a nice gulf breeze here. I can remember when out on a job never set your hand tools on the bed of your truck for a while then pick them up, because they would burn your hands. I did some jobs for the same company in the winter there and it was great place too be. I think it was the first time in my life I could breath out both sides of my nose, nice and dry. I saw some really old mining sites off Hwy 17 North. I can remember on the north west side of town a highway running north that I think was one of the prettiest drives I ever made in my life. Big canyons wide curves, you could see for miles in places, but plenty of crosses on the sides of the road. But we all have are problems were we live, yesterday I went to 4 different places and the mosquitoes where alive and well here. It was 39 degrees when I got up and it got to the mid 60's by lunch. After all the rain we got in the last month you can finally break ground without a pick. Bobby Phoenix is a great place Football, racing, girls barely dressed getting tanned year round. I always wondered how those old miners and Indians took that heat. Good Luck Hunting.

...any colder than that, and i'll need a jackhammer to get through the frozen topsoil! :rage:

Just to let you guys know, Duane from Kansas was supposed to be here this week and we were going to hunt a 1920s home I located. He had to change plans because of illness in the family. So I went anyway. Glad I did because I found my first Walking Liberty Half ! A 1944, pocket worn but it looks great to me! Will do separate post on that one with picture.

Bayrat76 said:
You are right Bayrat, For about three months during the summer it's like walking on a skillett out here. think I will stick with battleing the heat. At least I don't have to shovel the drive, I just take a break and have a cold one.

I think that would be imposable. I spent 7 or 8 weeks there one summer working contract for a company. They told me they wanted to open a office in Prescott and me take it over, I was all for that, then they changed there mind and wanted me to take over the Phoenix office, no way it was way to hot and crowded for me. I live in South Texas it's hot but not like that. In the summer we have a nice gulf breeze here. I can remember when out on a job never set your hand tools on the bed of your truck for a while then pick them up, because they would burn your hands. I did some jobs for the same company in the winter there and it was great place too be. I think it was the first time in my life I could breath out both sides of my nose, nice and dry. I saw some really old mining sites off Hwy 17 North. I can remember on the north west side of town a highway running north that I think was one of the prettiest drives I ever made in my life. Big canyons wide curves, you could see for miles in places, but plenty of crosses on the sides of the road. But we all have are problems were we live, yesterday I went to 4 different places and the mosquitoes where alive and well here. It was 39 degrees when I got up and it got to the mid 60's by lunch. After all the rain we got in the last month you can finally break ground without a pick. Bobby Phoenix is a great place Football, racing, girls barely dressed getting tanned year round. I always wondered how those old miners and Indians took that heat. Good Luck Hunting.

I hunted all day Christmas eve in a pretty steady rain. The ground isn't frozen here in IL yet....but I do have about 3" water standing everywhere.

Im freezing up as we speak.

Remember, though, that even though summers are short we have the older coins and more areas to hunt due to the fact that people have been here longer. I may give that up, however, for the option to hunt year round, if given the choice... HH!!!

Hey, Silversniper, It's always a trade off. Can hunt almost year round here BUT, A real good day here is finding a mercury dime of any year, and anyting from the 1800s would be cause for a party!