Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The sound of injuns

Buddysox

The areas I hunt are usually loaded with clad. I normally dont pay much attention to pennies unless they hit a bit higher than normal and sound a little "sweeter"then theres the chance they are a wheatie. Recently I was bored and went to my favorite spot telling myself that I was going to dig everything. The second penny hit I got was an 1904 Injun at about 2". It sounded and read a tad lower than the memorial pennies. Finding an Injun around here is a rare thing. But, now I'm thinking that I may be passing them up. Can anyone advise if Injuns usually hit lower or different than clad or wheaties? I know that no one can say that a certain coin hits EXACTLY in one place everytime, But I would like to hear what everyone says they generally see and hear. That way I can have a start point to imprint the sound and reading in my little pea brain and find some more! Thanks!

I think that is right budd,indians should register just lower than a memorial penny,
I pretty much dig all signals anymore.
If i am in an area that is not too trashy,i dig everything.
Im glad i do because every so often i get a good surprise,an old brooch,a tax token.
I even found a gar medal once,and gold rings can register all over the place.
I just enjoy detecting.
Best of luck,
LabradorBob

Indians are 99% of the time low enough to where there is a space between the cursor and the top of the screen. That of course would give it a lower tone.
Many new zinc pennies have the same ID. Out of a couple of thousand Indians dug, there might have been 5 where the cursor actually touched the top of the screen. Sometimes they surprise me how low they read too. And I'm not talking about the fatties(1859-1863), they are REAL low. I'm talking about newer indians. Every once in awhile I'll dig an Indian that reads where the rectangular pulltabs read and lower.

Most indian's I find and this varie's by how it's laying, what is next to it and how much green patina or corrosion it has on it will be about half a box off the top and a box off the right side.

My deep ones show up a little different that Neals pictures. Have you ever seen a rusty screw? They hit on the far right side half way down.... well my deep IHs hit barely above that. Also if i find one at say 2 inches like you did, its very strong..... distinct like silver, but a lower tone.

Dew

I would say that well over 3/4 of the injuns I dug did not give a "textbook" hit. They did not lock on any certain spot. The vast majority of the ones I dug hit around the right 50% mark of the smartfind screen...then fluttered left towards the upper center of the screen....or danced straight accross towards the center as my super high quality technical drawing will show. :cool: :bouncy:

I don't believe I dug one single injun' that locked and stayed in one spot out of the 100 or so that I dug this year.

They also sounded just slightly higher than a pulltab...but not as high as a wheatie.

A lot of the deeper ones 8" to 10"...or ones on edge...corroded ones...etc...can sound like a sick duck.

My point is that honestly...maybe 25 or so that I dug hit on the right side and locked. The other 75% sounded somewhat like a little piece of wire sounds...hit around the right center or slightly up...but then fluttered either towards left center or upper left center.

Hope you all enjoyed the artwork.:smoke: :help: :rofl:

n/t

Bryce you are right with how mine read too and I like theart skills bud...lol.