Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The skys are full of these monsters this time of year. Battle for advertising space........

WillyP

would be nice to just see some artwork or rainbow colors. Still pleasant to watch though.

[attachment 100667 baloon1.jpg]
[attachment 100668 baloon2.jpg]

I see them here once in awhile but not that often. One of these days I hope to get a ride in one. Once at a local fair they had sort of a ride in one but it was tethered to a cable. It went up but that was it. They have to be great out west over those open spaces. One of them that passed over the farm here about 5 years ago, it was early morning. We were out feeding the horses heard this hiss like sound. When we came out it was a Good morning. Looking up there it was with 3 people in it enjoying a flight. Other than the sound of the propane burner from time to time you would never had known it was there....

Thanks for post....

Geo

at least you can not feel it. You are moving at its speed.

I worked with a guy that was out in Wyo on vacation with his family, including his mother. They took a balloon ride and the thing crashed and broke his mothers arm or leg, forget which. Bummer. If I remember right there was a freak gust of wind and they tumbled on landing and was dragged. It seems that it was in an area with no trees which was probably lucky for them

We were there wandering around in the Arches area and up at the other end of town they had them. Problem was, it was our last day there as we were heading for Colorado in the morning to Mesa Verde and it was booked solid that day. He said we could find them in Mesa Verde but we never did. I got more interested in the Anazasi ruins so kinda forgot about them. So much to do out there and not enough hours in a day or night. We were flat out for 6 weeks. Needed a vacation after the vacation to recover....

Geo

Hmm just googled one up not far from me. Gonna have to check this out now...

http://www.easternctballoon.com/findex.html

n/t