Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The SE and I did the happy dance today!

mattw

This has been a good summer for me, made it back to the 1800's twice today. First time in the same day for to 1800's and my first 2 cent'er.

Nice two-center -- I just found my second a couple days ago.....did you hit that one with your digger? Looks to be in pretty nice shape.....mine came out well after a bath in hydrogen peroxide:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1287065,1287065#msg-1287065

Congrats on your finds!

Yes, scraped it. :) It was about 7.5 down and had nails all around it. Including 2 partial squares in the hole. So, my pinpoint was off about 1-2 inches and I really figured I was chasing iron.

Matt

Nice score on the 2-Center!! :clap:

Good luck next time out....I smell seateds in your near future!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

I'm sure we've all hit a coin before that we wish we hadn't. Still a great find and maybe with a bit of cleaning it won't even be noticeable as it doesn't look bad. Nice recovery on finding that coin surrounded by nails though! Congrats again!

Oh BTW, that IH Cent looks to be in great shape too....should clean-up real will with a Hydrogen Peroxide bath.