Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Rooster Reprieve

Lil Brother

As I was standing in the checkout line at Walmart the other day, my cell phone rang. My son was standing beside me when I burst out in a hearty "DAAANNNNNGGGG Linda!" After that I said "Ill be right over; dont do anything"

It was my sister on the phone going on and on about how she was going to "kill every damn one of 'em," It seems as though her pet duck who happened to live in the chicken pen turned up murdered beside the water dish. She told me that she was going to have a glass of wine, get her gun, and shoot every rooster she had.

Well, she had seven roosters in one pen with probably 10-15 hens. Lets just say her egg production was way down at this time. Since her duck had gotten kilt, well, that just was the straw that broke the camels back.

David and I arrived on scene some 10 minutes later only to see my sweet sister standing in the chicken pen with a glass of wine in one hand and a .22 caliber pistol in the other.....trying to get up her nerve???(She didnt want to use her .9 milimeter.) Scott was on the outside of the pen with a sheepish grin on his face. I exited the truck laughing my azz off!

Linda proceeded to reenact the crime while I was deciding just how I could "help" her in this situtation. I told her that Id shoot em' and take them off for her since I had one in the back of the truck that had just died an untimely death the night before. She reassured me that she could do it, but now I could tell a sign of wanting to back down just a little. Maybe it was the second glass of wine that did it, I dont know.

Since I had given her these fine roosters in the first place, I proceeded to tell her how I get rid of all of my unwanted ones. I have a dip net with a long handle and I just catch them and turn them loose outside of the gate. Mother-nature has a way to take care of them,(plus they have a sporting chance)

She opted for that method so I began to catch them one by one with her dip net. I just want you to realize that since she doesnt catch as big of fish as I do, her dip net was obviously "smaller." Well, I went to chasing roosters around the hen house with Scott shooing them back my way. Linda, was trying to justify which ones to keep as I kept wisking them away one by one. I got rid of three Rhode Island Reds, one Light Brama, one Banty, a Leghorn and one more unidentified rooster before she said it was enough. That still left her a big half Leghorn half Americana and another one. Job well done.

David and I loaded up the stove Linda and Scott had given to my daughter and away we went. Later that night Carol, David, my other daughter Kellie and myself were playing cards around the kitchen table when my cell phone rang. It was Linda telling me that her roosters were now all roosting on top og her chicken pen with their little heads hanging over the edge of the pen looking in. She was very much feeling guilty now and wanted to know how to catch them to put back in the pen!!! I told her that they were easy to catch while on the roost, but I dont think that she tried it.

The next morning she told me that she had to shut her window the night before because she heard one get murdered in the middle of the night. That morning, she told me that there were live roosters and dead ones in her yard. That is ALL I know at the moment, but as I was writing this story, she sent me an instant message wanting me to call her. I will keep you all informed, but for now thats all of the great......Rooster repreive!

thanks for coming along!

Lil Brother:surrender:

we can get away with anything!:thumbup:
Why do the guy chickens get blamed for everything, specially when those hens lead them into temptation? Then get kilt by a girl? Sheesshhh!:blink:

you guys get blamed for everything because you are usually guilty! Lil Brother came to my rescue again...........well...........kind of! :rofl:

i reckon you could write a good book about outsmarting wimmin. Say! How are you on brunettes? I'll pay!:lol:

I wonder why Sunny gave those poor roosters a "death sentence?" I bet those hens had a hand in the death of that poor duck and the roosters were framed...gosh, those poor roosters! Tom, thanks for the "Breaking News." Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm still laughin' and can only imagine her stalkin' those poor ole' roosters, with a gun in one hand and a glass of wine in the other.

You know, that retired life is something else. It is surprising what it takes to keep one entertained at that time in their life. :lol:

Wonderfully written!

Johnboy

n/t

but the rooster was bigger so she ran like a jigger up a tree !!:rofl:

Now, I guess we have to wait for Lindas' side of the story and we all will have to find a middle ground!!!! :lol:

I guess that I will have to keep the wine locked up when she comes. :)

sunny skies

M

I want to be around if she has a gun. Seven Roosters? Sounds like she has a bunch of sissy chickens to me. Little light in the loafers don't ya know?

Just twist the suckers heads off and be done with it

they are meant to have their heads twisted off and then et. How can any dead chicken story be tragic:shrug::clapping:

she wanted me to get into that pen with her while drinking and holding a gun? do you think she has the insurance policy up to date?
scott (the rooster slayers husband)

[attachment 49149 RoosterPrepared001.jpg]

[attachment 49150 RoosterPrepared002.jpg]

secure in the knowledge that you have a one of a kind lady! Those pics are great:thumbup:
Is that a Ruger single six? Get her some "snakeloads", she can get a couple roosters at a time that way ;)