Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Romas are here, The Romans are here

Lee- IN

My finds from my last England trip finally got here and seeing as how not much digging is going on in our area right now I thought I would post one of my favorite Roman coins that I dug last trip. It is almost quarter size and on the obverse it shows the bust of a man looking right and on the reverse it shows the Emperor spearing a fallen horseman. The coin is in very nice condition and is from 350 to 353 A.D. Last year I was using an F-75, the trip coming March I will have my F-75 LTD, I am anxious to see if I can dig even more this time........Lee

Les thanks for sharing that, very nice OLD coin.

I'm very interested to hear how folks do over there with the F75 LTD :thumbup:

HH,
Brian

You must turn everything in and it is checked by an a finds officer (for lack of a better term) it is recorded where it was found and then Identified, and then is returned to you, if you dig something that is declared Treasure by law they must pay you fair market value...Which is OK with me...I had one piece they looked at but it was made in the 1770s so was not old enough to be declared treasure, it must be at least 300 years old. If I would dig something worth 20,000 pounds that would be great, send the check and an 8 by 10 glossy.................Lee