Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Ring Man Of Spokane Strikes Again......

While cleaning some coins in the tumbler I decided to look around my yard again where I found that 1854 bank token. Not even 10 minutes I pulled out this 18k wedding band. Three gold rings in two months. It gets funner all the time.....:clapping:

Hey Bro Awhitster. Try to catch me...:rofl:

Slow down a little there ring man. Remember, I have found 8 rings in 6 months since I got the Yeller Feller. That one looks nice. Better get some jewelry cleaner or a gold polishing cloth out and scrub it up some.

That has got to be the cruddiest looking 18K ring have ever seen. Every gold ring I have ever found has come out looking like, well, gold. Maybe that one is 18K brass...

Nonetheless, you are rolling along. Good job!

For all I know there is such a thing as 18k brass or any other metal. Picture shows where it hits. I know one thing. It's very tarnished for sure. Nothing like the 10k or 12k rings I have found.
Anyone have any ideas before I get more excited about my third ring in two months???

Always nice to find a ring but gold doesn't rust nor does it tarnish much. What you have is a plated ring that the plating has peeled off of. Their are a lot of counterfeit rings and jewelry floating around out there - mostly from China.

Bill

So what you are saying is it's a what ever base with 18k plate. Ok so I have a cheap ring with some gold on it..ehehe. IT'S STILL A RING!!!!!

There is the marking 18KHGE, or just GE. These indicate "heavy gold electroplate" or just "gold elctroplate." BUt they are normally seen on "quality" pieces.

But, I guess the standards that regulate the gold trade dont have to apply to junk rings and anything is possible. With an ID reading of dime, I dont think there is much more to say - it aint 18K gold. As usual, bill is probably right.

Interestingly, many years ago, brass was a common material to make wedding rings from. That was a time when people were much poorer than now and gold was only for the rich, being far less common than today.

You got that right. I got a tiny little baby's ring the other night that gave a tiny little wussy pulltabby signal so I dug it just in case it might be gold. SHO! First gold I ever found with a detector and maybe about the 5th ring. After I got the clay scrubbed off I could see it had a bad complexion and I knowed right there I wasn't rich yet. The little bleep is stamped "10K HGP>MH<. ? But it's a ring!

[quote DavHut]
With an ID reading of dime, I dont think there is much more to say - it aint 18K gold. As usual, bill is probably right.

Interestingly, many years ago, brass was a common material to make wedding rings from. That was a time when people were much poorer than now and gold was only for the rich, being far less common than today.[/quote]

The ring shows on the meter the same as the 10k ring I found (jeweler saw the 10k and confirmed it). This one could have been in the gound for a very long time for where it was. It only says 18k and like said, might be brass that had some gold on it or never did. It's still a ring. Counts as one, makes three for me. I'm happy. :clapping:

Great going!Hey how is the soil effecting your machine?I did,nt get to bring my detector when I was in Washington.Do you have any trouble with the minerals?Brian.

Probably no different then anyplace else. I have seen some places that give the machine fits but I'm not alone on that one I'm sure...

[quote Rosco Bookbinder](Soil)Probably no different than anyplace else. [/quote]:rofl: