Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Results of Stewardship for March 24-30

Sunday's Lesson- There will be Godlessness in the last days. At first, I wrote down this was a warning, but it's not. It's a promise. And we are to live our lives by the instruction given to us that even the Godless people that persecute us can tell, they just know, that we are Christians. Have you ever had that happen? I seen that very conversation in this forum recently. While out MD-ing people come up and they could tell the person was Christian and they wanted nothing to do with them. This was not my experience. It is someone else on here. I have had kind of the opposite experience.

In 1989, several weeks before Easter, I was helping my husband replace windows in our house. We were not born again believers at that time. We lived in a small town of 200 +/- people and four churches. One of those churches, a Church of the Brethren, was catty-corner from us. The parsonage was across the street from us. While we were replacing a couple upstairs windows one Sunday, I saw the people coming out of church service. There was a peace emanating from them, a kind of glow. I had a very troubled spirit at that time and I yearned for that peace. I ended up going to that church service on Pentecost Sunday. That is when and where the Lord took this jar of clay and crushed me and started over. But that is an experience I will save for the appropriate time.

Skip ahead a couple years. The parsonage became a rental and there was a Christian family of five that lived there. We didn't socialize together, but my husband (who was not yet born again) and the other man had working relations and it was not the best. One day the wife came across the street and we struck up a casual conversation. Her daughters were with her. The oldest was 13-14. She said, "See, Mom, I told you she was Christian!" Referring to me. Now how did she know that? What did she witness from me through watching me across the street? I hope to find out someday.

I am blessed to live in rural Ohio, the heart of it all, where most are Godly and I haven't suffered much persecution. I know it's coming, though.

Monday - Contentment

I have lived in poverty. Being content and not coveting was learned early on. My financial situation has changed over the years. I think this contentment lesson goes deeper than finances. My son is and alcoholic/drug addict. He has periods of recovery, but isn't healed, yet. As a mother and grandmother, my heart has really been crushed. Over and over again. Last December it was real bad. It's pretty bad right now. I cling to the promise held in Romans 8:28 and you best believe Philippians 4:4-13 is scripture I focus on! And this scripture:

Psalm 46:10 New International Version (NIV)

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

Be content in all your trials and tribulations. Cling to God's promises.

As it pertains to metal detecting....I have issues. I find rusty fence and nails. I really, really wanted to find a coin! The Lord did bless me with one so far. It may be the only one I find here. IDK. The other thing I really, really, want to find is something, anything, CW. Now that's stretching it since I live in Ohio. :rage: :razz: :laugh:

Love your story, Sis Digger, & we all have them to tell & so happy to have you with us & getting this forum to wake up & post more often! Keep hope in God & He will answer your desire for coins & CW finds, for He works in mysterious ways His Wonder to perform through our Faith in His Beloved Son, Jesus! I have had PPL in stores tell me that I am a Christian, for many times I would let them check out their food or other items ahead of me when they had a few or when they looked like they were in a hurry! Most of the time I wasn't in a hurry; so didn't bother me to wait! Keep posting & serving our Lord with gladness for He is Almighty & loves us with an everlasting love! Amen! Ma

Wednesday - hump day. And it is a hump. I am one who easily trusts in the Lord with things I can't control. I need to ponder the question for today. Maybe someone else has an example that answers today's question??? :stars:

It is true that it’s easier to trust in God concerning the things that you cannot control. But what about things you can control? What choices might you need to make in which your trust in God will determine which way you do choose?

Hi, Sis Digger, You know I never thought about this one way or the other by letting God take control even when we can control the situation or think we can! I think I do pray at times for Jesus to help me make the right decision & to lead me in the direction He wants me to go to fulfill His plan for my need & then other times I tend to go ahead of Him & end up sorry for doing so--The Auction of selling my things was one of them & now I am sorry that so many were sold & not kept which were personal & part of our families lives while the children were growing up & on vacations!

I suffer from Depression & had not taken my meds for several years & with the Compression Fracture & so very ill the week of the sale, I just could not think & made some really bad mistakes, & by allowing God to have full control, I know that everything would have been a lot better health wise & money wise! But this is part of maturing as a Christian & as a human, although a Child of God, we make mistakes and fail while God never does--like little children we live & learn hard lessons & remember them to not repeat, if we will listen to our Lord & Savior & obey God's Holy Word! To err is human & to forgive is divine; so we must forgive ourselves & others & go on from there with, hopefully, lessons learned & not repeated!

I try now to pray & give all things to God & allow His Holy Spirit to lead, guide & direct me in all things, but sometimes I still fail & go away ahead of Him; so this is our reasoning that we can do it all by ourselves as we are taught growing up to be self sufficient which is good but needs to be with Jesus in our lives to lean on & trust in Him, but many of US aren't raised that way but taught the way our families live & even the way that we are taught in schools! I pray that we all hear God's Word & heed our precious Jesus' plans for our mortal lives, so we have Everlasting Life with Him some glad day! Amen! Sis Ma Betty

Thanks Ma. Your very first sentence about "not thinking of it one way or another" is what had me tripped up. I think because I am at that point where I know God is in control no matter what I do or say. And yes, we are going to make mistakes, we are going to make "bad" decisions. But it's God's design.

The other thing that was tripping me up was that this is a lesson on Stewardship. It kind of hit me as I was driving around yesterday. As stewards, we have these outreaches where we have food pantries, or clothes closets, financial aide, etc. These programs are designed to help the needy, the elderly and/or disabled who are trying to survive on a Social Security check, those who just suffered a devastating loss from a fire or natural disaster, etc. But there are also people that take advantage of these programs so they can buy material items, drugs, alcohol, whatever. So what are we to do? Pick and chose who we help? Make them prove their income? Check their breath and/or pupils of their eyes? I think when we show our unconditional love, God uses that to work on their hearts. And we have to trust God in that.

LOL! Today is Wednesday! I thought yesterday was! Boy! I really was in a fog yesterday, wasn't I? Ha. Ha.

SO.... Here is my reply to the accurate Wednesday lesson:

My husband and my Brother-in-Law own a small commercial manufacturing business. I work part time there as the bookkeeper. ( FYI that title does little justice to all the duties I have! And because I am only part time and have been taking care of family members with health issues for the past 6/7 years, I am always behind in one area or another.) Anyway, there are currently a total of 9 other employees. Combined we have 2 nondenominational, a Methodist, an LDS, and a Baptist preacher. Where the rest are in relationship to Christ, I am not sure of. Integrity, honesty, trust, fairness, mercy grace, love is in the thread work. We have had employees with health issues, deaths in the family, marriages, babies, mistakes on the job, mistakes in the payroll (that would be me), etc. We treat our customers fair, and have on several occasions shown way more mercy than other companies would. For example, we currently have one customer who has owed us a large some of money for 5 years now. We haven't sued him, we haven't charged interest, all within our legal rights to do so. Just showed grace, patience, and at times gently letting them know they need to take care of it. He's starting to make payments. Good. We pay our taxes and our vendors, and if I am late (that happens), we pay the interest or penalties as due.

We do not force our beliefs on anyone. We do not preach. I believe on occasion we have shared scripture. No, they (employees and customers and vendors) see Christ through our light.

I want to be in the Light
As You are in the Light
I want to shine like the stars in the heavens
Oh, Lord be my Light and be my salvation
Cause all I want is to be in the Light
All I want is to be in the Light​

~DC Talk​

Well, Sis Digger, guess I confused you with my post but God will meet your needs by His blessing you & the business for doing good & beaming His light of love in a dark world! I pay my debts & would not ever not pay them , for the ones I would owe would have their own responsibilities & bills to pay! My daughter is a poor person of handling her finances & not paying bills on time because she usually doesn't have enough income to spread out over the month & often it is just Dr & hosp bills owed because of her health & she has been helping her son with his DR & med bills because of his problems mentally & he has FIBRO, too; and so to help them both I have sent her money to cover exps! So you see it is a vicious circle because of high Medical care with her ins not covering everything & since he works for the food places, he hasn't ins either, the reason it isn't worse is prayer to God in Jesus' name working in our lives! I haven't been to Dr & don't take meds, as I would have deductibles to pay above what United Healthcare would pay for the meds!

We both are sentimental & feel sorry for others who are worse off than we are, but just cannot help them like we want to do so! We have had PPL take advantage of us because we are too tenderhearted & she still does, but has a long time to reach my age & learn to not be used so easily! Not sure if I have confused you again, as I don't comprehend or remember like I used to when younger & a little healthier in body & mind!

I wish you well & stay healthy to help your parents take care of their health--It is so SAD that there are so many illnesses & diseases!! God Bless! Sis, Ma Betty

LOL! I didn't mean that you confused me. Sorry for obviously not being clear.What i was trying to say is that I agreed with what you said about not thinking one way or the other and that because I don't really think of it one way or the other, I was getting tripped up. Did I make that clear as mud, now? I was off all day as soon as I woke up. I thought it was Wednesday and it was only Tuesday. I have days like that. And the only thing I can blame it on is being a stereotypical blonde.

LOL, Thank you, Sis Digger, for the uplift by the laughter you just made my day! Made me think about all the Dumb Blonde jokes I've read or heard! But you aren't dumb, you are very bright & smart! It has been dreary & damp weather in MO, Yesterday & Today--which makes me ole bones ache, as I have Arthritis & the cold & dampness sure makes me hurt; specially, the back of my neck which I've had since farm & school days, but carrying heavy buckets of water from the spring to the house for drinking, cooking, canning & tub baths probably had something to do with my neck & back, which was a farm girls life while living at home, also helping with the haying!!

I had said, I would try to post more poems but have trouble doing so, because most of them are on wps. & need to be jpg. to upload on this forum! Tami & I are supposed to have a RE Agent now, but things concerning buying a home we can afford is still confusing; see I am confused, too! :lol: :confused: Sis, Ma

As soon as I started reading the lesson this morning the very two scriptures came to mind that the author used.
Matt. 25:21 & Matt. 7:23.

I want so much, as I'm sure all of us brothers and sisters in Christ do, to hear those words, "Well done, good and faithful servant." It never seems like I can do enough. Truth is I can't. We can't.

Isaiah 64:6
All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

We will hear those words because of God's grace and our faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour.

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 NIV

~Sis digger

I can't say it all in 25 words or less.

On this day we reflect on the fact that Jesus was whipped, beaten, scourged, made to carry His own cross which he was then nailed to, pierced, ridiculed,and then died so that we sinners could be reconciled to God. God loved us so much that it was His will to put His Son through that, for our transgressions. That was the ultimate act of love. So we, in response to this should be willing to sacrifice whatever we have, time, money, material items, etc. It is through stewardship that others God has called will see His love and be redeemed.

~Sis digger

Amen, Sis Digger! None of us have suffered like Jesus did for us because He loved & still loves us (His human creations) so very, very much! Therefore, mankind is without excuse to not believe in Jesus & have a personal relationship with Him, as He did it all & we just need to believe in Him, love & obey His written Word of absolute TRUTH! If we love Him, we will willingly obey Him, for He is our Heavenly Father! Sis, Ma Betty