Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The results are in

brnhn4

Hi everyone! I got my Quattro back today ( my day at the beach post on 10-29-06) and the dealer told me that the power module or chip or whatever he called it had failed and needed to be replaced. Tomorrow I will be back at it to see what I can find. Thanks to those that posted a response, you kind words kept me motivated as I begin this new hobby.

I went out on the morning of Saturday 11-11-06 after I picked up a 15in. excelerator coil and headed off to the local park to see how the coil performed and my Quattro after getting it back. I hit the grass and powered up and then hit the noise cancel button and it would not cancel. I thought to myself now what is wrong! I tried pushing the menu/detect button to check the sensitivity and that button would not work either. By now I am starting to curse to myself and trying to gain my composure back, but all that kept coming out of my was #%*&%#$%^ Quattro!, #$%&**&%$ Minelab!, #$%&*!, *&%$#!. Once I calmed myself down, I headed back to the dealer and explained everything to him. My local dealer said he would send it off again for repairs shaking his head in disbelief. I now must wait another 2 weeks to get it back. I am starting to think is this hobby really worth the effort I am trying to put into it!!!!!

Is your dealer fixing the detector, because I've yet to meet a dealer who fixes anything right. Is there a Minelab off-shoot that can look at it? They may have a better understanding of how the circuitry works. A dealer might know his products, but that doesn't neccessarily make him an electronics technician! I'd enquire a bit further as to who's fixing your detector. Not trying to put a spanner in the works, but if it was me, I wouldn't want my time wasted any more than neccessary. And no, the detector won't be a waste of time and money, if you get it fixed. So don't give up yet.:)

brnhn4, I feel for you, truly. I'd be mad as h&%#, too. I know there's a Minelab subsidiary in Las Vegas, Nevada, here in the states. I think there's one in Ireland, but at any rate, I'd sure take Golden's advice and make sure it gets to a Minelab (authorised) facility. You might even call Kellyco because they're such a huge Minelab dealer. I wish you all the best and hope this thing gets rectified quickly and EFFICIENTLY.:| One last thing, I just thought of. Are they also looking at your coil, too, as they make their assessment of the problem. God forbid, but it could be a possible coil or coil cord problem in conjunction with the detector housing, etc., etc. I'd make sure that wasn't the case.

Hi all, my detector is being sent out to minelab in Las Vegas for the second time. My dealer does not do repairs he will use my warranty and send it in but everytime I send it in it costs me 20 bucks for shipping. I have tried the stock coil and the buttons would not work and I tried the excelerator coil and the buttons still would not work, so that tells me it is in the circuit board. I will keep you all up to date.

reimburse you for the postage! There has to be a consumer law that covers items returned to be fixed by the buyer. Twenty bucks is a lot of money in anyone's books. I'd ask for a reimbursement, might keep them on their toes, if anything.:)
Golden

Yes golden, I agree, I will be calling them on Tuesday and make a nice formal complaint about that shipping thing. I want to know why I send it in to be repaired and it comes back something else wrong! Now that I have sent it to them for the 2nd time that is going to be $40 total in shipping. Like you stated it gets a little expensive after a couple of times. Maybe, if I complain enough they will give me an SE instead (LOL, wishful thinking :)).

I agree with Golden on the shipping thing. I just sent in my camera to be repaired and it was 20 bucks each way, (to and from), so I know what you mean, but if they didn't do it right the first time, (in my opinion) they ought to compensate you for that, at least as far as shipping. Be cordial, but firm, and I wish you the best. I know how tough that can be. Good luck, sincerely. Marc Trainor.