Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The rest of the story concerning the conversation with the visiting man I had in my home.....He said...

Ma Betty in MO

he had just bought a metal-detector for his wife, a Garrett and that she had found a gun shell and an older something or other can't remember! We got to talking about :detecting: and I told him that I had done it too, but couldn't now because of my health and Osteoarthritis, which is painful for me with all this rain....aching all over! He also collects coins, paper money and etc. and I said I did that also! We both like foreign coins, tokens and etc. He asked about where I hunted and I said parks and he said they require permits now....didn't when I detected....and he lives in Florissant ...way north of me! I suggested that they make sure to cover all holes and don't leave trash lying by where their holes or where they dig, or more and more places would be closed to :detecting: :shrug:

Well anyway, he told me a story that he and his wife tricked his daughter with (she's 28 now) They took an old metal chest and put several new golden look dollars in it, along with paper money,quarters and some other stuff looking like old relics plus a note tied with a piece of string ) and then took it out in the woods and buried it! Then they took their daughter to a flea market to find an old map (letting her think it to be a treasure map...They took her into the woods and let her search for the treasure with her not knowing what they had done and when she found the treasure they had buried, she was shaking all over and thinking maybe it would be filled with lots of real gold coins and other treasure! They video-taped all of this and had a great time and lots of fun...even their daughter! I enjoyed hearing the story and like I said we really had a nice visit and I got to talk to someone else than myself! :lol: May God Bless and Happy Hunting! :angel: Ma

n/t