Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The recent death has reminded me of an incident....

ojm bc

.....I never knew him,but the death brings back a scary incident,that happened to me recently.I kind of live for detecting and read many forums.Have made many friends on the net,even met some in person for some detecting,like Rob from Quesnel BC.
well a month ago I decided to give the local quarry a try,it has given me a few keepers.Very few peaple know it exists it is heavily wooded and is surrounded by homes and schools.

On this day I was hunting the top ledges,the cliff edges very steep and ragged.I was wearing my Gray-Ghosts and swinging the Minelab along the older overgrown seldom used trails.A few good coins were popping out of the ground along with some older militery buttons,and old rusty tools.This area was also logged in the pioneer days of our city,there are many huge stumps with the tell tale marks cut on the botton,where the old loggers slipped in a board they stood on.

I was hunting along the edge trail,hit a good signal,put mt detecter down,and started to dig.When I stood up to check my find,I was half a foot off the side of a very steep cliff!

One more careless step and I would have seen my maker,Please be carefull everyone at work or play,have a safe week-end.

Orlando BC

Some of them may come drifting in here later today. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

folks with kids, and then for us that are realizing our summer is almost over. Fall can't get here quick enough for me, I'm ready for some cooler weather! :)

shining! My grandfather told me long ago when this happens it means "the devil is whipping his wife". :lol: It did lower the temperature a tad, tho. :)

Nothing got wet, I mean nothing! When the drops of rain hit the ground, there would be a "hissing" type sound, a puff of steam...it was so hot that the rain drops were evaporating the instant they hit the ground. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

around here, and I mean EVERYTHING! I lost a baby chick to the heat today, I guess that's what it was. Spot was his name, and he was black with a white spot on his head. Go figure my name! : :) Anyway, when I went out to the chicken pen this a.m., he was okay. I fed and watered them, and then this p.m. he was dead! I'm sure it must have been the heat! :(