Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Problem W/Quoting Only Part Of God's Word

SeniorSeeker

It amazes me how many people I've met over the years refer to themselves as Christian & then quote Matthew 5:17 but make no mention of the verse that follows. And it's interesting how many confuse the 'laws of Moses - the ceremonial law' with the Ten Commandment law of God written 'In Stone'! Matthew 5:18 Jesus is referring to God's Ten Commandment Law - not the ceremonial laws of Moses. It amazes me how many believe Jesus did away w/the Ten Commandment Law on the cross. It was the laws of Moses that Jesus fulfilled on the cross & the Ten Commandment Law He will fulfill upon His return to take "...His Bride..." Home to Heaven. If only those people who make the wrong assumptions about God's Word would spend more time reading it.

Here is another one that people quote when the adultorus woman was caught in the act and after Jesus spoke, he who is without sin cast the first stone and none did and left one by one....When Jesus looked up after writing on the ground, He asked where are thou accusers and she said there weren't any and the Jesus said neither do I accuse you.....but they don't quote the rest of it....for Jesus said to her, go and sin no more.....most just quote the first part about Him not accusing her but ignore the part where He said to go and sin no more! :sad: :angel: Ma