Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The pet Raccoon named "Ringo" ....................

Kelley (Texas)

A good buddy of mine, Jerry, had a pet raccoon that he named "Ringo." I should say he had a semi-pet raccoon, not a pet raccoon.

Jerry found the raccoon when it was a baby. It's mama had been hit by a car and the baby raccoon was beside the road near the mama's body when Jerry first saw it. He came by the house and asked me to help him catch it. My Father tried to talk us out of it, but finally realized that he might as well have been talking to the wall, we were set on catching the baby raccoon. Mother gave us an old blanket to use in catching the raccoon.

Well, it took a long time, but we were finally able to throw the blanket over the baby raccoon and take it to Jerry's home. We placed it in an old rabbit cage with a bowl of water. Jerry fed it table scraps for food, the same thing we fed our dogs.

After a few weeks, the raccoon escaped. A few days later, Jerry spotted it in back of their barn. He decided to just let it live in the barn and brought food out to it. When you brought it food, it would come within a few feet of you and sit down waiting for the food. That is about as tame as it ever got. I was tempted to try and pet it one time, but it hissed and appeared ready to bite me so I left it alone. It lived in Jerry's barn for several years, then one day it was gone. It never returned and we often wondered what happened to it. It was a neat pet, but was just too mean to play with or to pet. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

when we are younger. We had dogs and cats, of course. But also chickens, rabbits, a few squirrels, a hamster now and then. We had one raccoon once, but after it was about 6months old, it bit my daddy, and I think he drop kicked it out into the woods! :lol: They are cute, but mean as the devil and will turn on you really fast!

several skunks, a coon, possum, muskrat, chipmunks, flying squirrels, red squirrels, rattle snake, blueracer, eastern watersnake, gardner snake, hognose snake, green snake, hampsters, rats, parakeets, canarys, chipmunks, ferrets, a mole-what a stupid pet! My mother still mentions the mess it made out of her yard! Of course I have had dogs and cats, a pet robin and sparrow. I am sure I have missed some but those are what I can remember off hand. One skunk was desented but the second I left loaded for bear.

I like animals

....in no particuller order,baby trout,baby pigions,small lizards,large turtle,tadpoles,and even came home with a baby yellow duck once.My elementary buddy Basil had 3 baby raccoons at one time.Do not recall how he came about them.Yesterday,I was drivin along the city road,and a huge lovely deer crossed the road,there was a creek nearby.Have not seen one for 7 years.
later ojm

It is usually a dark blue/black color and they will bite. They are very fast, one of the fastest snakes on this planet. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

7ft 6in and you are right, those suckers are constrictors but will sure bite!!

I tell mine to email their deer buddies up at Roscommon and have them go visit Royal's retreat. Them Yankee deer are not near as nice as these southern deer! :rofl: :rofl:

down from us in ft.worth had a pet coon,he would follow him like a dog when he had him out of the cage.i think he would feed him hard boiled eggs every once in a while.

i'm like you,i never tried to pet him because i think he had bit a couple of people.