Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Old Barn That Called To Me

Sunny

I know sometimes we think we do not have another story to tell, yet if you think about it, everyday is a story, just perhaps not one you care to share with the forum for fear of boring people to death. Well, I have a story to share with you and I didn

Went to a detecting hunt in Virginia a while back and spent the majority of my time chatting with an older "historian" fellow. It was fascinating ! Nothing boring about your story Sunny !!

Those folks have some nice Indian relics...and that is indeed what is known as a drill.

I love the old barn picture, looks so peaceful. You take some good pictures, and the barn picture is especially good...I really like it.

I learned a long time ago that every person is a very special, important person...all have a story to tell if you will just take the time to listen. Your visit with these folks tell it all...you did good. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

an unexpected meeting becomes much more than that. Sounds like you've made two "new" friends. Sure would like to come "rock hunting" too!
Make sure you take a detector!

Dave

to use it there and also at the deer camp we go tho, as there were several old homeplaces once on that property too. Ms. Irene OWNS a metal dectector, but I am sure it is probably a more inexpensive one. I will let you all know if I find anything for her! And you are welcome to come rock hunt with us!!! Just come on! :)

when you saw the arrowheads and stuff. My photos turned out darker after posting them on the forum, and I used photo shop. Guess I should have lightened them some. Glad you enjoyed this. :)

the old barns. They have more history, and saw a lot of action if you can find someone to tell you about them! I love older folks, they can tell the REAL stories! :)

n/t

And I bet that little lady enjoyed telling her stories as much as you liked hearing them!I love those ststely old barns....it's kinda funny you should post this.The old barn at my dad's house has fallen into disrepair over the last several years.The roof was badly damaged by a wind storm a few weeks ago.Dad told me today he was going to have it torn down.Sad to see it go with so many childhood memories tied to it.I am going to salvage some of the weathered old lumber from it and make picture frames for my brothers and myself from it.I have a old family photo of my parents, brothers,and myself that was taken when I was about 12 years old.I will get prints made of it and put them in the frames made of the old barn,one for each of us.Thanks for a great story Sunny

made from that wood. Ms. Irene told me that a few times, she has found that someone had actually stipped away some of the boards from this barn, and she couldn't understand why someone would do such a thing! Your idea is great!

Why don't you share that photo with us? I think it would be real interesting! :)

What a charming encounter! I know the blessing went both ways. Every so often we have a time such as this.

I can't wait to do a little "rock hunting" with you.

Did you know the "Stagecoach Road" is actually highway 5???? Yup. That's a fact. Remember the old house southeast of the golf coarse? It's called the stagecoach house. I'll bet that road they live on was one of the original routes cutting off the corner from the "stagecoach house" to Cecil Jones' on Highway 5.

That ole' barn stands a mute testimony of hard times as well as some fun times.

Thanks for telling this story ...for writing it down. It is a real winner. <>< (Gal 6:9)

Love ya,

Johnboy